The Sony Spiderman 3

ste_167

Website
Visit site
Don't you reckon that the PS3 font looks remarkably similar to the Spiderman one?

PS3wcontroller_w.jpg

spiderman2_2.jpg

They're the same fonts :lol:

Maybe Sony was too lazy to create something new? :rolleyes: *cough* controller *cough*

Look at that monster of a controller. What is that? Too many buttons, the GP2X has the ideal control scheme. :)

- Alex

shinneri posted on Sep 11 2006 at 11:44 PM said:
It's always been known that the Spiderman font is the same as the PS3's. Why do you think they used Spiderman to demonstrate PS3 when it was unveiled?

If it was intended as a sales gimmick then I don't get why they altered the PS3 font. See below, the font has been 'squashed' slightly and has a greater lean to the right. Plus, they've increased the letter spacing.

asdasdvs7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look kinda cool, but it's such a distinctive font ti's hard not to associate the two.

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed the exact same PS3 logo around the hoardings of the PSV v Liverpool game tonight. Wonder if they booked that advertising before Sony Europe knew it was going to slip to next year? Whoops!

Huxley posted on Sep 12 2006 at 08:42 PM said:
It does look kinda cool, but it's such a distinctive font ti's hard not to associate the two.

On a slightly unrelated note, I noticed the exact same PS3 logo around the hoardings of the PSV v Liverpool game tonight. Wonder if they booked that advertising before Sony Europe knew it was going to slip to next year? Whoops!

Yes, and the Chelsea v WER match...

Meh, Square Enix use their own font a lot, the title of kh2 and ff3 use it, amongst others.

Montsubai posted on Sep 11 2006 at 07:13 PM said:
They're the same fonts :lol:

Maybe Sony was too lazy to create something new? :rolleyes: *cough* controller *cough*
Actually I like the controller and I'm glad they didn't change the design of it too much. It's small enough for me to be comfy with it and the new one is wireless!!! I hope it's as good as my Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2. That's possibly the best wireless controller I have ever used.

Why change an already proven design, just for the sake of it being new? At least it ain't HUGE compared to the XBox one, I found that hurt my hands after a while.

P.S. The font is okay, but not very important in my books.

Fishbong posted on Sep 13 2006 at 01:10 PM said:
What´s that usb connector on the front of the controller for?
Well possibly for recharging as I bet it has rechargeable batteries built in. I'm also guessing you can use the controller while charging :). My wireless mouse is exactly the same as I can charge and use the mouse at the same time!

Back