The State Of The Gp2x

lintsniffer posted on May 10 2006 at 05:28 AM said:
of course, anyone here can solve that problem for me.

paypal account is lintsniffer @ gmail. com B)

I'll donate! Really, how much do you need. I reckon I could give you about $50 to $80.

Just tell me how much.

Last edited by a moderator:
lubidog posted on May 10 2006 at 09:02 AM said:

I'll donate! Really, how much do you need. I reckon I could give you about $50 to $80.

Just tell me how much.

No, dont send money, he can have my 2x. Honestly....
Not.
I love mine :p

lubidog posted on May 10 2006 at 03:02 AM said:

Just tell me how much.

you have to be kidding. Donate how ever much you want, its your money. And it's for a good cause ;)

lintsniffer posted on May 10 2006 at 11:14 PM said:
you have to be kidding. Donate how ever much you want, its your money. And it's for a good cause ;)
Hey, donate for me too, I have so far designed or helped in the design 3 useful hardware devices or mods EXT port related :).

I had to sell my GP2X on ebay to pay for school. I am not joking, check my posts and the archive and wiki.

I did the Samsung e810 Serial cable mod (parts cost $5), the TV-Out cable fix (cost free), and I gave away a good idea to techFreak*.

I can't design Micro Flat BoB mods without a GP2X, I want my design to use a flat ribbon cable and no huge plug, and hug the back so you can leave it on the GP2X all the time.

(*It doesn't really count because I mentioned the Idea last year before the GP2X release even, but if he uses it I can laugh and point at the people who thought my idea was dumb, especially if they think it is cool now because techFreak did it. :lol: The proof will be on the forums for all to see, go back to Dec and you can see who had the idea first and has proof :p)

Mine arrived on Saturday and the only annoyance is the flickering screen on the menu. It only occurs like once, and doesn't happen in any of the programs that I load. Is this problem normal?

I got one of the Mk II machines with v2.0 firmware a few weeks ago and it works a treat - there are no problems whatsoever. I was sceptical because I had looked on forums like this and heard complaints but many of the complaints related to OLD editions and OLD firmwares. I can tell you that the current state of the GP2X is decent and if you are thinking of getting hold of one you won't be disappointed.

I was nearly put off buying mine because of some negative comments I found but when I realised most of the posts were really old and the problems with earlier models seemed to have been corrected I went ahead and bought it and I'm glad I did.

I have a PSP too and although its great for 3D games it is a real hassle to get emulators running on it (2.5firmware + GTA exploit) I already bricked it once trying to go to v1.5 firmware. The unit itself is also quite heavy compared to the 2X and the battery life is poor by comparison. Definitely get a 2X if you are thinking about it and preferably a 4Gb SD card too (I recommend Transcend 150x 4Gb) :)

Back