The Tournament Hub (Launcher)

I'm so in love with this software, but I wondering how the app could generate a bit more "hype" around certain games and create some more friendly competition.
I came up with this idea of another filter category that ranks games based on the "action" they've been seeing. Like if Street Fighter is getting a lot of people trying it, it would be listed as number 1 in that category, or something. Regardless, this category would clue the user into where the action is happening so they can get in on the competition.
It has been mentioned before, and maybe add it a bit further down the line. I've still not implemented any sorting in the results, it just shows what you get from Jeff's server

Isn't that pretty much the same idea as the list of monthly competition games though?
Pretty much, but not necessarily. You would expect the current "R.O.T." games would have a higher activity, but there may be one or two games that remain consistantly active - possibly even above some of the R.O.T. games

No. Jeff needs to add a bit of functionality to the server, and I need to add a bit to work with that. One that's done, a beta PND should be coming out

Incidentally, did you know the website is not letting me view all scores for Frogger...or many other games...it just jumps back to the top of the screen and shows Recent Activity?

You probably knew this, but in case you didn't...

Thanks for the report (wrong thread btw.. this is pmprogs thread about his UI, which has nothing to do with the server or the website.)

Little bug with the promotion I did an hour ago; fixed :)

jeff

The Tournament Hub is almost ready for it's initial beta release!

At the minute you can't launch a number (most) of indie games because their server side data is missing executable information; and banners for games that aren't installed don't greyscale due to an issue with locking images in the current Allegro build.

Would people prefer me to wait until these minior issues are fixed? or are you salivating over the release so much that people think you have rabies?

It's still missing a ton of UI bits - like being able to edit the options from the UI. But it works as it's primary function - launching C4A games :)

I would release an initial beta, but list the known issues clearly so you don't get a ton of redundant "bug" reports.

v0.1 Beta has been released
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=thetournamenthub.marqwatkin

Some games may be reported as not installed when they are - this is most likely down to the C4A server not being fully configured (we're making this up as we go)

The initial sync may take a minute or so (depending on your connection), please be patient.

There is still lots of functionality to add, please keep an eye on the GitHub Issues page, and the thread on the Pandora boards

If you experience any problems that you haven't seen reported, please raise an issue or contact me. Thanks

Source:
https://github.com/pmprog/ROTMenu/

Issues:
https://github.com/pmprog/ROTMenu/issues

--[ Keys ]----------------------
Most keys are listed onscreen, but there are some that aren't

Pressing "Start" will restart the sync (should it not download all the information properly)
Pressing "Select" will toggle the music
Typing will start filtering the games list - please be aware that currently it's case sensitive!

--[ Revisions ]----------------------
v0.1.0.0 [2013-05-17] : Initial Release

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I prefer programs which don't try to be everything to everyone...  

For C4A  I'd want to have an interface that is just about C4A.    Launching PNDs would be part of that but only the C4A versions of them.

- Neelix
Totally, completely agree.

Would want C4A interface to be just about C4A

OK...this newest release...does this REPLACE the old C4A .pnd file...or do you keep it AND have this...because, of course, all the ROMS are currently in the appdata folder for C4A's .pnd.

I just don't want to screw up.

I'd like to try this, but don't want to screw up what I already have!

No - This is a launcher only. You still need Skeezix's C4AMAME if you want to play MAME games (Frogger et al)

Downloaded and tested on CC Pandora.  App tries to scan for compatible games but crashes.  when relaunched only plays music and shows background, crashes around 30 seconds afterwards.  Deleted appdata, app tried to sync but crashed again.  Afterwards same result of background and music than crashing.  I do have a crapton of PND files installed, could it be that it is having trouble scanning for games because I have over 600 PND files?

I tried this out and reported in the repo...pnd was moved automatically to menu>system.

Would not boot up, just a few green ticks... and nothing.

I have strong wifi and C4A works very well.

Hope it isn't because I run super zaxxon 1.52 firmware.??..I really like this version.

Last edited:
Downloaded and tested on CC Pandora.  App tries to scan for compatible games but crashes.  when relaunched only plays music and shows background, crashes around 30 seconds afterwards.  Deleted appdata, app tried to sync but crashed again.  Afterwards same result of background and music than crashing.  I do have a crapton of PND files installed, could it be that it is having trouble scanning for games because I have over 600 PND files?
It doesn't scan for PNDs at the start - it's connecting to the C4A server instead. What is in the /tmp/ log file for it?

I tried this out and reported in the repo...pnd was moved automatically to menu>system.
What do you mean Moved?
What do you mean by "a few green ticks"? Is there anything in the /tmp/ log file?
Hope it isn't because I run super zaxxon 1.52 firmware.??..I really like this version.
Could possibly be, you'll probably have some older version of a library or two. I didn't want to include all libs in the PND, as that would bloat it too much.

It doesn't scan for PNDs at the start - it's connecting to the C4A server instead. What is in the /tmp/ log file for it?

What do you mean Moved?
What do you mean by "a few green ticks"? Is there anything in the /tmp/ log file?
Could possibly be, you'll probably have some older version of a library or two. I didn't want to include all libs in the PND, as that would bloat it too much.
When I say moved I mean it was located in the menu>system...sorry for the english error.  :huh:  I did place it with my other pnds which are not located there...they are in appdata>menu.

Green ticks meaning ...the green light blinks a few times when I attempted to open the pnd. Nothing but a blank screen though ....again sorry for the poor english. :blink:

No nothing at all in tmp/log file and no folder in appdata either.

Guess I would have to update my firmware.

Last edited:
When I say moved I mean it was located in the menu>system...sorry for the english error.  :huh:

Green ticks meaning ...the green light blinks a few times when I attempted to open the pnd....again sorry

no nothing at all in tmp/log file and no folder in appdata either.
Don't need to apologise, Just trying to understand what the problem is.
For clarity, the log file should be: /tmp/pndrun_thetournamenthub.marqwatkin.out

If you have no .out log file in the /tmp/, I assume there'll be a problem with your PND file, but I don't know.

Nice pnd so far bus games aren't in alphabetical order and they probably should be. And also organisable by ganre like the ouya store menu.

Back