The Very Original Current Listening Thread!!

your left buttered up and lightly... toasted

crank that up. I found the video kind of confusing though;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUnTbnZXvRw

hehe, noticed it while checking some unrelated drivel there, hadn't heard it in a while, dug out the cd and rattled the house. keep rolling rolling rolling

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
your left buttered up and lightly... toasted

crank that up. I found the video kind of confusing though;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUnTbnZXvRw

hehe, noticed it while checking some unrelated drivel there, hadn't heard it in a while, dug out the cd and rattled the house. keep rolling rolling rolling

hahaha "Metold Man"

Wow by Superbus

Nothing like a bit of French pop :p

They are pretty decent, sound like a french version of No Doubt/Gwen Stefani.

xnopasaranx said:
Javacat you have got to be kidding me... tokio hotel is the worst crap ever. Terrible, just terrible. All these TV promoted no talent muppets are any good. Now everybody thinks all this deranged half emo, half j-pop bad music, wannabe punkrock and teen-idol stuff is cool. Gah... disgusting. Even school children laugh at that.
:(

I have no idea who they are/where they came from, just happened to notice them on a french radio stations website and thought I'd give them a lil listen. No idea what everyone else says/thinks about them. I listenz to what I likez :p
Even boogeyed on down to McFly whilst driving home from work a couple of days ago without realising who it was after station hopping on teh radioz and I'd detested them before that :lol:

Spiderwebs by No Doubt. Not really a huge fan but really like this song.

And on the subject of Tokio Hotel, I listen to a bit of them. Only like Monsoon but they aren't bad. And they are German if I remember correctly. What annoys me when people mention them though is the instant Emo bashing. All I'll say is if you don't like them then leave it at that. Others will like their music and don't wanna hear this emo bashing crap. It just shows ignorance and an inability to accept a certain styling of music. Almost makes one as bad as the Daily Mail. That was bloody stupid.

xnopasaranx said:
lizard808uk said:
Zeca Baleiro - Salao de Beleza; I have no idea what the guy is singing about (Brazilian I think) , but its been chilling me out at work while I help deploy a JCAPS application..
"Brazilian" huh? That would be Portuguese, mate ^^. That's okay, lotsa people here speak American and European... :D

Holy crap, I just came back from one of those goth discos. I've never been to one of those places before and I am really really not into gothic stuff. Okay, I like some wave music but that's about it. So yeah... I got dragged along by a hot chick. Oh, the things we do for the girls.... it wasn't that bad actually. They played a lot of EBM and I can cope with electronic music and on one floor they had this depeche mode night going on and depeche mode is cool.

Seriously, if you wanna see some really hot chicks you gotta go to one of those places some time... holy shit, they barely wear anything! Lots of weird people there, lots of things to look at.

So, not really currently listening to gothic and ebm but maybe recently listened to ^^.

Yeah, there's a bar here that does "goth night" on Fridays and though the music is terrible, there are some smokin hot chicks there. I used to see them outside smoking cigarettes when I was there for punk night in the lounge upstairs. Actually, was it you who lived here for a bit? If so, I'm talking about New City, if you've been there.

As for current listening:
Life Long Tragedy - Runaways
Young Livers - New Drop Era
Union 13 - Why are we destroying ourselves?
Bad Religion - Suffer
2 Ton Predator - In The Shallow Waters
The Swellers - My Everest

Sphinxter said:
Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen - Lost In The Ozone
Commander Cody is great, it's too bad more people don't know of him.

Currently:
Milloy - More Than A Machine
The Leif Ericsson - self-titled
Ryan's Hope - Apocalypse in Increments

Ravnos said:
Sphinxter said:
Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen - Lost In The Ozone
Commander Cody is great, it's too bad more people don't know of him.

Currently:
Milloy - More Than A Machine
The Leif Ericsson - self-titled
Ryan's Hope - Apocalypse in Increments

Rocking good shit! Found it in a bunch of my vinyl from the 60's & 70's at moms along with my old pioneer power amp and a fisher semi-auto turntable with these big sansui four way speakers, (I swear, when I boxed it all up in '76 it was a phillips manual, behold the magic box!)

Current disk:
Jefferson Airplane, Volunteers

Jonathan Coulton

That's about the only artist on my ipod that gets regular listening. The one to four hours I spend in my truck every day are usually spend listening to podcasts and audiobooks.

Back