Thinking About Buying One...

XtrackterX

Still Fresh
Well, my birthday is pretty far from now but I've already made plans.
Can I get on Youtube? Or Code PHP?

And there was a game that I can't remember that was going to be ported for this, it was made for DS I believe, can anyone help me remember the name?

Once we port the Adobes Flash Player 10.1 for ARM devices to the Pandora, we will be able to watch YouTube flawlessly (for now, I guess you can watch it, but with some occasional problem with the FPS)

About coding, yes. It seems you can code in any language, since you're running Linux on it =] I am specially interested on the Ubuntu port for Pandora that I saw on YouTube. With it, everyone could program stuff on their favorite languages! =]

EDIT: About the DS Game, if you could describe something about it, I think I can help you... But if you can't give more details, it could to be hard to find a game among the 5000+ games from DS library...

Youtube is very likey (vid plugin or flash), php is opensource so yes. You last question is extremely vague.

XtrackterX said:
And there was a game that I can't remember that was going to be ported for this, it was made for DS I believe, can anyone help me remember the name?

bob's game is the only one I know of. I don't think there were any official ports announced, but popular homebrew games might make it over. I don't own a DS, though, so I'm not familiar with any of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom` said:
XtrackterX said:

bob's game is the only one I know of. I don't think there were any official ports announced, but popular homebrew games might make it over. I don't own a DS, though, so I'm not familiar with any of those.

YES :D Thanks Bob's Game.
Yeah the Pandora sounds awesome.
Sorry I know it probably says this somewhere, but how much is it? And also can I buy one right now, or do I have to wait?

XtrackterX said:
Tom` said:
XtrackterX said:

YES :D Thanks Bob's Game.
Yeah the Pandora sounds awesome.
Sorry I know it probably says this somewhere, but how much is it? And also can I buy one right now, or do I have to wait?
So it was Bob's Game? :blink:

XtrackterX said:
It should be about $330 or so (not including shipping, of course). As far as buying one now, it's still technically a pre-order, so you'd still be waiting one way or another. :p There's more information about ordering on this page from the official website.

lulzfish said:
Yes, Bob says on his website that he intends to make a Pandora port.
which will be good, since his game is taking about as long to come out as the Pandora :p

lulzfish said:
I never said anything about Bob intending to make a game... Just that if he does, he also 'intends' to port it to the Pandora. :)
It must not rely too heavily on the second screen of the DS then. I thought he had essentially finished it though, and just couldn't get the DS SDK to make it official.

Back