Thinking About Ordering A Gp2x

alexuz

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I would like to have some kind of mediaplyer that I can watch movies, pictures, anime and even read a novel on. I didn't buy the GP32 so I don't know how well everything works on the GP-products.

The GP2X looks very good and the price is good too! That is probably the reason that I'm thinking about getting it over the Sony PSP.

1. how easy is it to upload a movie to the GP2X and watch it? does it take long time to start all the nessesary software and stuff?

2. are the movies full screen or are there boarders?

3. is it possible to zoom-in on pictures that are big?

4. is it easy to navigate a e-book?

5. does the mp3 player have a playlist?

6. will GamePark make any "real" games that are exclusive to the GP2X? if so, where can I see the list of upcoming titles?

thanks

GP2x is a really good system and I tend to use it more than my psp although if you're not computer geek like the rest of us then it'll come at a learning curve. It's got a few little teething problems but they're being fixed as we speak and definetly worth the effort.

1. Video playback is only for the avi format at the moment. The player loads quickly enough and plays pretty well. I know some users on here have experienced problems but it's played all my files so far. But if you plan to use it for this then you'll need a suitable adapter or rechargables for now as the system gobbles power pretty quick. but then you don't need to take screen size into consideration as the machine can re-size no problem.

2. Borders but the screen is very sharp and I prefer it that way...

3. I don't think so yet but the pictures are sized pretty well and look really good quality.

4. The ebook reads .txt files which appear white text over a black backdrop. Use the joystick to scroll down and it remembers where you are when you exit.

5. not as far as I can tell but this'll probably be added in a future firmware upgrade.

6. Probably but the real question is will they be any good? Besides all the homebrew kicks ass so far.

Can the Zodiac 2 read straight off SD cards? It doesn't look like it has much storage space.

Well it looked really good until I read that the company has stopped making them. I mean I could get one cheap on ebay but who is to say that the battery isn't already half dead and then I bet it would be really hard to find a replacement battery for a discontinued product.

Actually the support for old text adventure games on the Zodiac 2 looks pretty cool although someone pointed out that the gp2x virtual keyboard might allow for text adventure support too.

Back