This Is Probably A Good Question!

DelTa_ViRuS

Still Fresh
Hi Craigix,
How are dead pixels going to be covered with our warranty at gbax??? I want to know now just in case.....

Thanks!

just to let you know, that unlike psp's, the gp32 (which shares the same screen as the gp2x) did not as far as i know ever have a dead pixel problem.

I think its like this. The people who make the screen cover over 5, but GPH will replace if its over 3. Which is very good. At work Sony and Nintendo only replace after 5 dead pixels.

Supposedly, it depends also of the placement of the pixels. Even one, smack in the middle of the screen, or in some % around there, should get you a new one.

If Craigix has checked them all then this shouldnt really be an issue however if you receive your GP2X with dead pixels and for any reason it is not covered under warranty you dont need to worry.

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations of 2000 give a customer 7 days to return any item bought off of the internet or by mail order as long as the goods are in the same condition as when they were sent and all packaging is intact.

If Craigix has checked them all then this shouldnt really be an issue however if you receive your GP2X with dead pixels and for any reason it is not covered under warranty you dont need to worry.

The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations of 2000 give a customer 7 days to return any item bought off of the internet or by mail order as long as the goods are in the same condition as when they were sent and all packaging is intact.

Well the problem with dead pixels is they need use to show up.... it may be days or weeks until the screen is finally worked in!

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole dead pixel thing is a joke. You are buying something with a screen with an advertised number of pixels. If some of those, even one, dont work then its defective. We bought a laptop in at work and it had 1 dead pixel. The company said you need 10 or more to send it back. We said B*llocks or words along those lines, not fit for purpose as its defective. If it was advertised as 100000 pixel screen with 1 dead then fine but it wasnt. If you buy a car and 1 cylinder doesnt work are you expected to accept it? Bit extreme point but you know what I mean! :p

gph probalby buys class a, lcd's they are guaranteed to be error free.
Nintendo and sony buy cheapass unchecked lcd's to save some bucks.

Back