This is so frustrating.. plz help

Nebulous

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Yesterday i got my brand new GP32 and i cant use it.
I registered and followed the steps and dowloaded PC Link and the USB driver.
Every time i try to write something to the SMC i get an error after a while. Even when i try to format the SMC. I cant do anything!
Its either "timed out" , "an error occurred in GP32 during process"
EVERY TIME!

I've tried the different USB drivers but none of them works.
Oh, i use WinXP.. and brand new batteries.
Will an AC Adaptor or a SMC Reader solve this problem?
Or do i have to change OS to win98?

I know some people have experienced this before. Have anyone come up with a solution?

Nebulous posted on Sep 18 2003 at 03:28 PM said:
Yesterday i got my brand new GP32 and i cant use it.
I registered and followed the steps and dowloaded PC Link and the USB driver.
Every time i try to write something to the SMC i get an error after a while. Even when i try to format the SMC. I cant do anything!
Its either "timed out" , "an error occurred in GP32 during process"
EVERY TIME!

I've tried the different USB drivers but none of them works.
Oh, i use WinXP.. and brand new batteries.
Will an AC Adaptor or a SMC Reader solve this problem?
Or do i have to change OS to win98?

I know some people have experienced this before. Have anyone come up with a solution?

Bad SMC?

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
I have now tried to format the harddrive and installed win98 but i still got the same problem.

The SMC is a Veritech. I have no idea what volt.

Nebulous posted on Sep 18 2003 at 10:53 PM said:
I have now tried to format the harddrive and installed win98
:blink:

Either bad SMC or something else I don't know. You could prolly find out if it was bad with SMC reader, but its prolly better to return the the place and ask for a replacement w/o making sure that its messed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
one word for you: PATIENCE, PAITENCE, PAITENCE!!! I took me more than a month to figure this thing out, but it is DEFINATELY worth the effort! :D

try to format your smc via a multi card reader..and then format again in pc-link prog...BTW be sure to well plug in you us wire...another thing before living...some computer does not have enought power to feed all their usb port..try to disconnect all your other peripheral from your computer... let me know

Yea thats right... my USB Ports in my Keyboard Dont have enough power to run a Web Cam, But they work with the GP32...

Actually after a near 1,5 year of using PC Link and running this site can say that timeout problem of GP32 is a mistery ;) I have multi os on my computer (win98, win2k) . Pc Link doesnt work on win2k but do work on win98 (and actually this is a reason i keep it on my computer). Also tried winxp and it doesn work either. Tried different computers and sometimes it work (eg. on my wife's laptop it work on winxp). So the only thing that comes to my mind is to try on other system (in your case other than winxp) or just buying smc writer/reader.

Back