Thoughts On The Next Hardware Upgrade Of Gph

jimclarson

Still Fresh
i have some questions/thoughts on the next gph console as far as, what time/date estimate in the future can i expect a new console to be made? the caanoo is great and all, but i dont like the anologue knub, and im holding out for the next generation of gph console with awsome hardware specs that can handle perfect framerate flawless speedy emulation of the harder consoles that use more cpu. that combined with the lack of dpad which i feel is important for good feeling retro emulation. also, i have an idea for a case design that i have no idea who to send it to so it can actualy get considered for the actual production of the console. i drew a picture of my hopes and dreams design for the perfect next generation opensource homebrew handheld:

conceptfornextgphdevice-1.jpg

thats what i would think would make a killer handheld, nice large 3.5 screen, comfortable dpad like on the second model sega saturn/6 button genesis/gamegear controller. enlarged areas on the back for grip like on the psp 1000, dual anologue knubs for psx emulation, or mapping extra buttons in other consoles like n64, nice responsive buttons, and case made with quality durable construction like the orgininal gp32, but with all the new features of a modern next generation gph device.

the black model would be all black but with dark grey trim, hand grip areas next to buttons, and screen rim and white would be the same but white and with light grey trim, hand grip ares next to buttons, and screen protectors.

i drew it to about the same dimesions as the psp phat because the psp phat felt nice to hold size wise and feels good in the hands while playing, except it can get hard to hold when useing the knub, so i gave it a more baterang shape for long play comfort and better grip overall. personaly, i dont like small portable game consoles with crappy dpads because i have a finger joint issue where i was born with thumbs that bend both back and foward and stop and a 45 degree bend in both directions, so for me pressung a button is like moving my thumb all the way as far as it goes to reach the buttons.

please can someone with knoledge tell me who i would contact to have my drawing shown to the people who design these consoles so they can atleast have it in their head as an idea when theyre making the thing?

thats so much in advance

jim~

Your picture reminds me a bit of a gp32. Perhaps its the speakers... Back to the future :D

473043gp32.jpg

Edit: Now if I'd only read the text before replying I'd have noticed it was intentional...

Sweet, but one question:

Where's the volume switch? I hope it'd be similar to the Caanoo's volume slider.

Back