Tilt switch

Wox

Still Fresh
Here is one of the mods I plan to do when I finally get my pandora. I was looking through that hacking manual thing, and saw that there is the 4 bumper button pads on the board. I figured, why not make use of them and add an extra controlling method to games. The idea I came up with was attaching switches similar to these http://www.mouser.co...6mrOt1bXw%3d%3d As you can see on the simple diagram thing I attached (I'm to tired to make it easily readable or accurate) I will have 4 tilt switches total. I will also add (not pictured in diagram) 2 3PST switches, one on each side. The 3PST switches will be so that I can turn the left or right tilt from off to vertical to horizontal tilt modes. This, with some controller configuration setup, should be really interesting with racing games such as pole position. Tell me what you think.

Edit: I made the diagram/schematic/whatever accurate. Also, the tips of the tilt switches (the part without pins) will have to be angled down a few degrees so that it isn't overly sensitive.

TiltV2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
show us some previous projects

I didn't have any pictures on my computer so I had to go take some. This here is my latest project, I'm setting up an old computer tower as a hard drive rack with automatic cooling adjustment.

I use Cavalry boards ripped from the portable hard drive cases to power and connect the drives to the computer. The boards leds are all setup to use that one power/error led (I know, it makes it hard to find which board has the error). There is then several thermistors placed between hard drives and connected to the fans. The hotter the thermistors get, the more red the temperature led will turn and the faster the fans will go. The temperature override switch keeps the fans at full power no matter what the temperature is. I also cut out that X on the side of the case and added a plastic sheeting window to make it look better.

IMG_2397.JPG

IMG_2405.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

I completely forgot about this pot circled in the picture I attached. When my wires finally arrive in the mail, it will replace the override switch and will allow me to fully adjust the temperature manually or just press it to turn it back to auto. Also in the mail, are thermal switches. So if the hard drives get too hot, they'll shut down to keep them from frying.

IMG_2396 - Copy.JPG

I think the L2 and R2 pads are each just allow for one button each not two.

Also really cool idea!

I plan to add buttons through the GPIO pins on the EXT port but need someone to help with the software side of things.

I think the L2 and R2 pads are each just allow for one button each not two.

Also really cool idea!

No, the 3PST switch would allow me to swap between the two tilt switches for each pad or turn them off completely. And thanks :)

Back