Tilted Chip t-shirt design

I've got this brown tee, purely for the offensive wordplay slogan :)

37113.jpg

I wouldn't mind the colour if it suits the graphics.

Getting the right colour and texture of 'retro PCB' brown might be rather hard on a t-shirt...

"Tilted to perfection" is nice, but I'm not sure if its quite right. Better thank wonkyra, anyway :p

Another thought for a nice promotional tee.

A transforming Pyra :)

This is a quick mock up, and ideally the robot would be in a more animated/action stance [rather than just standing there as I've depicted :) ]

Robot version on front, ....with the Pyra [transformed into ultimate portable Linux device] shown on the back, open and closed.

Would be nice I think if could show some sort of transition on the back too, like the transforming, all the parts individually floating and then forming the Pyra.

...Showing all the kool stuff like the chips, the nubs. I can envisage it in my minds eye anyway

nnwcbl.png

Or could do it on a nice brown tee

Ah I see :)

I don't think I've read the original thread yet, the one where this thread railed from... I'll probably see it in a moment and this wonky chip

Yeah I was just in there, following a search on word "wonky"

Very good :)

It's not wonky!

wonky

ˈwɒŋki/

adjective
informal

not straight; crooked or askew.

"you have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth"

synonyms:

crookedoff-centrelopsidedaskewskewMore

not functioning correctly; faulty.

"I enjoy good health, apart from two wonky knees"

Thinking about it, I do prefer the term 'tilt', and has more links with gaming eh, specifically thinking about pinball gaming.

Also, very funny Google, I searched for "tilt" and look what just happened to my browser :)

2j4prw6.png

...those guys and there eeggs  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wish that the chip would be rotated clean 45° instead of...whatever angle that is. :D And yes, I mean onto the board mainly and then later of course onto the Shirts. ^^

Matching slogan idea: "Pyra - not as wonky as it looks!" ;)

I just wish that the chip would be rotated clean 45° instead of...whatever angle that is. :D And yes, I mean onto the board mainly and then later of course onto the Shirts. ^^

Matching slogan idea: "Pyra - not as wonky as it looks!" ;)
That's one of the things I like about the wonky chip - that it's tilted like that because that's the only way it can be there at all - the only way it fits.  Form follows function, although as this is only something hidden inside on the main board, form isn't compromised.

So I am not keen on your slogan.  Pyra doesn't look wonky - it's (as far as we know) perfect.  It's just part of it's make-up is askew.

I do like your idea of a row of four a lot though.  Would it be possible for the chips to have five pins on each side like they really do, or is that too much for the design?

Pyra health warning: If you suffer Obsessive Compulsive Disorder then we recommend not opening the case and looking at the PCB. In case you have looked, please do not attempt to correct the angles of any of the chips. 

What I had in mind was the red logo on a black shirt, and the chip somewhere on the shirt, maybe on the opposite side.

FZERO had an idea I like:

I just wish that the chip would be rotated clean 45° instead of...whatever angle that is.
This is the appeal for me. If it was at 45° it would look too clean, and not unexpected.  If it were lined up with the others it would not be noteworthy, and 45° is so common I probably wouldn't care either.  it seems others like it for the same reason.

As for a slogan for the chip, why not something like "Slightly Twisted" or "A Little Bit Off"?

Back