timed out

taras

Mega Pandora mania
Website
taras.net
I get the message "timed out" a lot when uploading big files using PC Link. Does this happen at all with an SMC card reader/writer?

I use a cheap £9 SMC card reader/writer, and regularly copy 100mB avi files with no problems

It happens - but rarely. The timeout used to drive me crazy and then I started using the card reader - today in fact. I have transferred hundres of MB of files since the AM using the card reader - with an error only once.

Before when simply linking up to the GP32 I was getting an error every 5-10MB. Which was driving me nutz.

If you can afford it and you transfer a lot of files (like I do) then I would also recommend getting the card reader.

HZ :ph34r:

I dont get an error, the window just goes white and I cant move it, but its still copies so im fine with it for now... Kinda slow though, but at least I dont have to copy over gigabytes of stuff at that speed.

Yep when it goes white that means it's uploading OK... it's when it goes back to normal and says "timed out" in its pathetic little way that I start getting annoyed :p

Back