Pandora Tincs - Multiplayer Shooter For Pandora (video)

Retory, when you make a cube in blender, you only get 6 normals. Which is wrong. I had to divide each face into its own object then re-combine them into each mesh.

Forums are still down. GPS is sorting it out.

@Butterman:

sory for the "delay" I should post that some days ago....
However I finished my simple specular map:

http://gionavvi.altervista.org/Punch_Diffuse_Spec_.zip

That's the model with the 2 textures packed in (I also included the 2 png files if they can help).
If the normals or the "way the textures are applied to the model" ( :p )shouldn't work I'll try to fix the problem.

I hope that will help in the testing phase.

P.S: The 2 blend files are the same thing but with little differences like the textures' name, if one should'nt work you can try with the other one.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Butterman' said:
Retory, when you make a cube in blender, you only get 6 normals. Which is wrong. I had to divide each face into its own object then re-combine them into each mesh.

that's atrocious! must make it weird for box modeling.

'retort' said:
'Butterman' said:

that's atrocious! must make it weird for box modeling.

Tell me about it.

I really need a proper cube with correct everything in Blender, I have a feeling mine are all wrong.

The default Blender cube has always worked in previous lighting tests for me...
And what's up with only 6 normals? That's right isn't it, one per face (6 quads on a cube)?
Apologies for invading your thread with my questions but I think they're relevant...

Tobs

You're talking about face normals.

I'm talking about vertex normals. In a blender cube they stick out from each corner. They're meant to be four two a face perpendicular to the face.

Oh of course, my bad.
If you hit "Set smooth"(opposed to "Set Solid") in the edit tab (in edit mode with all verts selected), and then CTRL+N to smooth normals, it should work?
Change the draw type to shaded to check (shift+z)

Tobs

New shader video yay!

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBkJHFII3FE

and a quick preview:

yfe6g.jpg

Great!
It seems you solved your problem...
You're making a lot of good progresses
Thank you

Ideasforthough.jpg

:)

Im going to take a break from the 3d stuff and only do concept till i get my new rig in a few weeks.

Sorry my poetry doesn't make too much sense :p.

I really like your digital paintings Muzz, do you use a mouse or a tablet?

Really nice art, good luck with the game guys! :)

I really like that art also.I think I'll make some models similar to that style...A little rifle concept I modeled earlier (See below)

sniper.jpg

Its really basic and I will add a scope to it and maybe some parts that reflect Muzzes style.Cheers!

Nice, is that a specular map making the shiny?

BTW, it's better to start off with a good idea of what you're going to model, like even if you're horrible at drawing, draw somthing up real quick and have that picture beside you as you're working.

nice work on the shader. now all you need to do is implement shadows.

what method do you plan on using?

also, once you get the shaders working, you should write a benching program to see how many polygons the panda can handle, and send it to somebody that's got one

It dosen't matter how many polygons the Pandora when I've just got a huge scene showing. What I need to know, I how the scene will work when you're in a game, recieving and sorting messages for the positions, state, etc for 24 different guys. Without any compression and considering we're updating 60 times a second. That's 51 kb/s.

I'm planning on using shadow maps for now. I know you want volumetric ;)

I was just looking around for some cyberpunk stuff today (for modeling) and I found, what I think is, a pretty nice looking character for a pyro class if we remove the hair and the shiny gloves...Check it out.

cyberpunk-1.jpg

What do you guys think?Would it make a nice character?

(I've also posted it at the tincs.jottit site in the art section (Here)

Back