Tom Ammiano To Legalize Pot

Username

Fuckass
Tom Ammiano (D) introduced a bill yesterday to legalize Marijuana for recreational use in California. If passed, the bill will 'remove all penalties in California law on cultivation, transportation, sale, purchase, possession, or use of marijuana, natural THC, or paraphernalia for persons over the age of 21.'
www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/1647570.html
blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/02/legalize_it_ammiano_to_introdu.php
digg.com/politics/Legalization_of_Marijuana_Bill_in_California

Last edited by a moderator:
If it wasn't for the cops don't giving a fuck here in canada Montreal...
There's even a political party based on maryjuana ... ahah.

But seriously gotta love Cali, Scene kids, hookers and vampires.

Not going to happen. I wish :( But nah, our governments got to introduce pointless laws to keep their fucked up, self righteous ways of life 'safe'

just legalise everything and be done with it. i really dont give a monkeys what people do. legalise it all and tax it all. the tax dollars can be used to educate people that getting stoned is a pretty boring thing to do anyhow and it can buy more bombs to blow the faces off kids in the middle east

Think of how many jobs could be made through this. Who wouldn't want to work out of the house with nothing to do all day except the occasional check up on the plants?

'Username' said:
Think of how many jobs could be made through this. Who wouldn't want to work out of the house with nothing to do all day except the occasional check up on the plants?
it wouldnt be economically viable to grow your own pot like that, and its much more involved anyway.

'pubzombie' said:
just legalise everything and be done with it. i really dont give a monkeys what people do. legalise it all and tax it all. the tax dollars can be used to educate people that getting stoned is a pretty boring thing to do anyhow and it can buy more bombs to blow the faces off kids in the middle east
thats cool. i just gave a large, tax deductible donation to an islamic charity.

it would work for communists ...
aha governement coming a picking up the weed every month.

Maryjuana is a pretty smart thing to legalise.
I mean there's more death with Alchool involved than with weed.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
it would work for communists ...
aha governement coming a picking up the weed every month.

Maryjuana is a pretty smart thing to legalise.
I mean there's more death with Alchool involved than with weed.
So? things shouldn't be illegal based on their lethality, unless the the only ever possible use of it is murder and human harm (ie certain poisons)
also, all the bullshit drug deaths graphs circulating around are bullshit

if anyone has a good reason to ban it....
In america The law was written a long time ago , stating that it shouldn't be legal because its evil and it pushes white woman to have sex with 'negros' and 'entertainers'...
That looks like a valuable reason.
Man what the fuck? If it was for them it would be illegal for me to have sex ahah.

EDIT:
Here the law was mostly pushed by this guy: Harry J. Anslinger.
He was the major player in outlawing MJ
here are more accurate quotes:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."

"...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

Violence-causing??
Say that to all your stoner friends.

It's mostly his fault that it got outlawed in California in the first place.
Its Funny how we still follow a law made by a Racist ... today in america... with a black president aha.

I think there's a federal law against use of it. That would overrule state laws.

Sweet, this type news is always good to hear. I toke rarely nowadays and the law in finland is pretty fsckin unlikely to change any time soon, but outside pressure and example is the thing that's going to do it. and not the twats in charge.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
if anyone has a good reason to ban it....
In america The law was written a long time ago , stating that it shouldn't be legal because its evil and it pushes white woman to have sex with 'negros' and 'entertainers'...
That looks like a valuable reason.
Man what the fuck? If it was for them it would be illegal for me to have sex ahah.
EDIT:
Here the law was mostly pushed by this guy: Harry J. Anslinger.
He was the major player in outlawing MJ
here are more accurate quotes:

"There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos, and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz, and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers, and any others."

"...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races."

"Marijuana is an addictive drug which produces in its users insanity, criminality, and death."

"Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men."

"Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing"

"You smoke a joint and you're likely to kill your brother."

"Marijuana is the most violence-causing drug in the history of mankind."

Violence-causing??
Say that to all your stoner friends.

It's mostly his fault that it got outlawed in California in the first place.
Its Funny how we still follow a law made by a Racist ... today in america... with a black president aha.

paranoid, misinformed, and victim complex
all in one
awesome post man i didnt think id ever see that

'PlopperZ' said:
I think there's a federal law against use of it. That would overrule state laws.
Give this guy a cigar...
:rolleyes:
...or something. Quite correct.

'PlopperZ' said:

Yeah, and dispensaries have been raided many times before by DEA agents. Even then the number of dispensaries in California is still growing.

'Tom`' said:
'PlopperZ' said:
Give this guy a cigar...
:rolleyes:
...or something. Quite correct.

Of course there is. that doesn't mean people can't try to decriminalize it at smaller levels of government to make an impact

CODE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azf320JDdqU&feature=related

Movie From the same time it was outlawed.
That's the whole thing, but just youtube reefer madness if you just want some clips , you'll get the point.

The reason Cali is thinking of legalizing is to take the strain off of the local law enforcement. If they aren't spending so much time processing pot smokers they can spend more time taking down the harder drugs. It's as simple as that.

'mindlord' said:
The reason Cali is thinking of legalizing is to take the strain off of the local law enforcement. If they aren't spending so much time processing pot smokers they can spend more time taking down the harder drugs. It's as simple as that.

What particular strain are we talkin here?
Edit: whoops, accidental extra apostrophes

Back