Tom Ammiano To Legalize Pot

A UN study on marijuana found that the best way, without a doubt, of controlling the problems we have with the drug is to legalise and regulate it. Which makes perfect sense; marijuana is in many ways less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol, and the main problem we have with it is that it often leads to contact with drug dealers who will then supply more addictive - and dangerous - drugs.

Of course, people like to get all up in arms about it, especially whenever a study seems to show that there might be a link between it and brain damage (generally considered to be insignificant now).

Yeah, huge uproar ahead if drug laws get eased. People are so full of hate, frustration and xenophobia, and always looking for things they can focus them on. And since you cannot hang niggers, jews and faggots anymore for making the milk sour, cannabis users and growers are becoming a popular target.

Governements always needs something to fight
to keep people scared and children in danger
Just to keep the population docile and all ears.

meh.

And when people don't give a fuck anymore, they predict the end of the world.
aha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, pot isn't so harmless! I've smoked thousands of joints in my past and now I have no interest in having a career, it's terrible. I just wanna travel and hike and program, living in tents or trailers, my only dream being a log cabin on some land somewhere. I've become permanently cool, it's horrible.

'nickspoon' said:
Of course, people like to get all up in arms about it, especially whenever a study seems to show that there might be a link between it and brain damage (generally considered to be insignificant now).

It can't be any worse than alcohol.

@nickspoon: They say that it causes no damage.
Only major side effect would be temporarly affecting the brain - meaning if you stop for a while it will come back pretty soon after.
And slowing regeneration of damaged tissue.

If you want some more detailed explenations google it!

@senor quack: LOL
That's precious right there.

Mr Gonzo: Stop believing everything you see just because you agree with it.

I can't watch anime without cigarrete baptized in weed's extract...

@PoisonedV: Do your research , what i say comes form multiple sources confirming it.

Additionnal effects could be the long term ones , like cancer... but everything causes cancer in long term these days.

And if you are still unsure im at work right now i could ask to a few of the lab techs at bloodbank right now.
You learn alot Working in hospitals.

And ima go do some scanning in Core Lab in a few minutes, where they process the drug tests. i could ask to some of my techs friends there too aha.

State_Map-marijuana_t220-thumb.jpg

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Additionnal effects could be the long term ones , like cancer... but everything causes cancer in long term these days.
Smoking marijuana is linked to lung cancer, but that is an effect of the smoking and not of the drug itself. It's still safer than tobacco in that regard.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
@PoisonedV: Do your research , what i say comes form multiple sources confirming it.
Oh please. Don't act like that with me, I've written numerous papers where I've had to use dozens of sources and contributed large amounts of information to erowid, so I indeed know about both research and drug usage

'nickspoon' said:
'Mr.Gonzo' said:
Smoking marijuana is linked to lung cancer, but that is an effect of the smoking and not of the drug itself. It's still safer than tobacco in that regard.
You can get around that too.

I think the real danger of cannabis has nothing to do with the effects on the body, but with the missing cultural standards regarding its use. For instance with alcohol, we have cultural standards that regulate under what circumsances it is OK to drink and how much, preventing most people from becoming alcoholics.

However with cannabis, we lack these standards, because our culture has either lost or never made these experiences. Therefor, some start to use it very frequently. It causes no hangover, no problems with coordination or speaking, no bad breath. And many think it´s totally hamless. So why not use it a couple of times a day?

I know people who thought like this, and wound up being addicted. Not physically, of course, but a psychological addiction can be quite bad too, look at all those WoW addicts.

So yeah, i´m all for legalisation or at least decriminasiation of homegrowing, if anyone enjoys his weed, it´s me. But please don´t think it´s completely harmless. Drugs never are.

Nothings harmless in that regard. Anything that you enjoy immensely is going to cause an addiction, and it doesn't need to directly trigger pleasure receptors to do so.

'Fishbong' said:
I think the real danger of cannabis has nothing to do with the effects on the body, but with the missing cultural standards regarding its use. For instance with alcohol, we have cultural standards that regulate under what circumsances it is OK to drink and how much, preventing most people from becoming alcoholics.

However with cannabis, we lack these standards, because our culture has either lost or never made these experiences. Therefor, some start to use it very frequently. It causes no hangover, no problems with coordination or speaking, no bad breath. And many think it´s totally hamless. So why not use it a couple of times a day?

I know people who thought like this, and wound up being addicted. Not physically, of course, but a psychological addiction can be quite bad too, look at all those WoW addicts.

So yeah, i´m all for legalisation or at least decriminasiation of homegrowing, if anyone enjoys his weed, it´s me. But please don´t think it´s completely harmless. Drugs never are.

Quiet you, I'm in the middle of a grindfest at Mithrliadroan

Two fundamental things I learned about cannabis from school lessons:

Cannabis can give you lung cancer... if you smoke it with tobacco

Getting sudden hunger pangs is called the munchies.

...what?

SAY, YOU HAVEN'T BEEN SMOKING THE REEFER NOW HAVE YOU

Back