Tomak - Save The Earth, Again

Azure

Trust the recursion...
I downloaded the game from JoyGP and whenever I fire constantly, the music increases and decreases while I fire, but when I stop, it goes back to the normal, constant volume. Has this happend to any of you guys with your JoyGP copy of the game?

So when you press the fire button constantly, the music stays at the same volume?

Yeah, it is ridiculously short, but it was really fun beating it. If it's too short, you could always change the options in favor of the enemies.

I don`t have the game myself and am not a programmer, But it maybe a sound priority thing. As the GP32 only has 4 sound channels (same as the Amiga), When you press and release the fire button the game may swap (quickly) between the bullet sound and the music (giving priority to both) and only allocates a single sound channel .When you press and hold the fire button, the game has to make the bullet sound repeatedly, So may use two or more sound channels to make the bullets sound faster, And so cutting off the music (lowering the volume). A lot of the amiga (and probably other systems) games did this because of the limited sound channels.

But i could just be talking bollocks.

Trooper

yes... i founded the same problem with sound. I don't know why it happens... I have joy gp version too.

Back