Tor Project

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
I see there is a Linux version of Tor Project.

Anyone know if its possible to bring it to the Pandora?

If so, does anyone want to port it?

I think personal privacy and open source info go well together.

Thanks for reading.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

I just tried it on my Pandora - works fine. Just install and use it, there is nothing to port.

Really, that easy? Wow. Thanks for the info!
It's that easy when you use Gentoo:

Code:
emerge tor

cp /etc/tor/tor-tsocks.conf /etc/socks/tsocks.conf

cp /etc/tor/torrc.sample /etc/tor/torrc

/etc/init.d/tor start

That's it. Tor is up and ready.

If you use the default firmware, you will probably need to create a pnd package, but it's not very hard I guess.

I am new to Linux. .PND and play was what I'm looking for.

I am going to learn Linux and how to program in C++ in the next few months.

Anyone feel like making this into a .PND?

Thanks!

Was researching Gentoo installation.

Where is FDisk on the Pandora?

While doing that my left nub shat the bed on me while copying code from Vitel's tutorial, now I am kind of stuck and without the ability to highlight.

Apologize for double posting, but assistance on either putting this in .PND form or how to find Fdisk and copy code without mouse working would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Edit: nub came back to life after pulling battery and powerdown. Scary

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Thank you for that info. BTW from the news thread where you asked about# 14. Its the only board number I've had. Got a new case and new LCD. Love the better build quality, unpainted buttons have better response an d shoulder buttons that don't feel like they might fall off.

I still can't believe nobody is willing to try and .PND this up, Tor Project that is.

I agree

^

Thank you for that info. BTW from the news thread where you asked about# 14. Its the only board number I've had. Got a new case and new LCD. Love the better build quality, unpainted buttons have better response an d shoulder buttons that don't feel like they might fall off.

I still can't believe nobody is willing to try and .PND this up, Tor Project that is.

Something similar to the "Tor Browser appliance" that allows one to use Tor for browsing when needed and not permanently.

I downloaded the Tor-Browser for Linux. Wont run it seems, because it is compiled for x86. It gives an Exit Code 2 on Vidalia that implies this.

So I downloaded the Tor-Browser source and tried to configure && make. But that failed as well due to lack of sufficient libraries even under the C++Toolchain

I just tried it on my Pandora - works fine. Just install and use it, there is nothing to port.

doesn't seem that easy to me?

So I am reading the Tor pages. I downloaded libevent as that is needed also.

I start CDevTool and copied the libevent and tor-source to my home directory.

ran the following

./configure && make libevent-2.0.1[blahblah]

halfway through I got a lot of errors

I am not even going to try and install yet as it does not look complete and frankly I dont know how Linux handles bad makes. windows would just install the broken thing anyways and you would be greeted with the BSOD!

I am really hoping someone will either port the Tor-browser to a pnd ( not ideal as the TBB is updated often)

or to have CDevTools include whatever is missing so that one can compile this on their own. Once libevent is configured and installed. Then one can configure and make the Tor-Browser.

If we can do it ourselves then future frequent updates of the browser will not be a problem.

HELP! Anyone? All you code-experts out there can help us leave windows for more....

Back