Toshiba Sdhc Card

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
It just arrived from Emartbuy on ebay. It just came in the plastic card holder and has no logo's on it at all! How can I check if this really is 8gb? It is already FAT32'd. I'm a tad suspicious.

Might not have a logo but should have the brand name on their. and at least SDHC logo. can you show us a pic?

Can't get a pic, but it's just plain blue.

On the back very faint it has:

SD-MO8G
0727 TL5200 v
MADE IN JAPAN

Thats it! tried contacting the seller and they haven't got back to me in two days, they have a 99.7% positive feedback record so I'd be surprised if it was fake.

NickLoTurco said:
Thanks, I searched the card and it says there is 7.5gb on it. Do these top branded cards usually come with no logo's on them? Seems dodgy!
Searched? What I meant is actually copying 7GB of data to the card. If it accepts it, it's not fake. If it says "disk full" after 4GB, it's fake.

My guess would be that it's a cheap japanese rip-off which probably has no license or authority. As long as they don't use any of the SD trademarks, they can't be sued for trademark infringement (they'll just say it's compatible with SD, rather than being one). Of course, no license = cheaper card.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's well known that there are many online flash memory fakes. Be careful. But just because it's fake doesn't mean it won't work as advertised.

just check the partition size...?

Or as already said - try copying files to it!

dont mind rip offs as long as it works and is dirt cheap

oh and doesn't clam to be the real thing

Pretty sure they're all made by Samsung, anyway.. That or some other huge Japanese company like Toshiba.

I wouldnt trust it if it doesnt have the SDHC logo.

I'd run an undelete on it and see what you get, just for kicks.

Some mass-produced OEM cards don't have any logos or much at all. They are basically just a blank looking card, and your supposed to put your label over the top. They are usually bought by replicators (for eg, games).

NickLoTurco said:
Thanks, I searched the card and it says there is 7.5gb on it. Do these top branded cards usually come with no logo's on them? Seems dodgy!
If by searched you mean checked out amount of free space on the card then 7.5GB sounds about right, the File Allocation Table 'FAT' takes up a chunk of that space for example I have a 2GB card but actual usable space is 1.89GB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back