Total Begginer Here

Ulexes

Still Fresh
Hello One and all.

I've been using emulators and toms for ten years, but i have to say this new toy has me a bit baffled.

I have downloaded Snes9x4c, unzipped it and dropped it into the games folder. I have dropped a couple Snes roms in appropriate folder (I think), but when i go to the menu, select Games and touch the Snes9x option, i get a Blue screen that jsut says Snes9x4c with teh verison number behind it. Am I missing something?

Thanks for looking guys, an double thanks for any Help.

Check the SNES rom filenames. The Snes9x4C file browser is kind of basic and can't handle stuff like subdirectories and unusual characters. And you are putting these in "/roms" right?

Looks like that Helped with some of them, THANKS!. ... Looks like Doom is running under slow though. Is there a setting to adjust speed, or is this just a matter of a big ass game bogging things down?

Snes9x4C is beta at the moment, some of the more complex games are a bit on the slow side sadly. For us non-coders it's just a case of waiting until SciENcE posts an upgrade (or someone makes a port of Pocketsnes).

For Doom you might be better off using "PrBoom" though. I haven't used it but it looks like you have to download some .wad (i.e. game) files somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome Dude, Thanks so much for the help. Can't believe it was that easy.
Can't guarantee that will be my last sill question on here, But that definately solves my issues for now
=Peace=
GUS

Ookay next silly question. It's now recognizing some roms but not others. I have simplified the names pretty basic "dbzII" is the name of the rom, but it won't display it. It plays fine on my laptop.

Dunno, I'm afraid. Have you tried unzipping them? That sometimes works. Or maybe try another version of the rom, since emu sites usually have multiple versions of the same game.

Already Unzipped. Wondering if the Rom is jsut screwy. eh well. I'll Load a few on at a time and see which ones works and which ones don't and troubleshoot them as I find them. I had to try 3 different versions of Mario 3 before it worked.

Thanks again!

got a new problem.

tried running GnGeo, and the screen pops up black with red and white text that lists a bunch of missing Bios files. Is there a seperate Download fot these files?

Also when i try to run NeoCD2X, it jsut freezes on the load screen....

On the upside PicoDrive runs flawlessly. So I've ben reliving my childhood VIA sega games.

Pardon my lack of a clue ;)

Back