Mame4All

Ulexes

Still Fresh
So i'm admittedly new to the open hand held world... and I alwasy seem to miss osme kind of detail when i drop a new emulator on my Caanoo...

So i downloaded Mame4all, dropped it in my games folder, and dropped two roms (still zipped as instructed) on the roms folder, and it doesn nto recognize them... Do they need to have specific names like the NeoGeo emulators... or am i missing something else?

mame4all works with 0.37b5 romset.
You probably dropped incompatible roms.
There´s a gamelist in your mame folder, listing all compatible roms.

Akabei said:
mame4all works with 0.37b5 romset.
You probably dropped incompatible roms.
There´s a gamelist in your mame folder, listing all compatible roms.
cool, i'll start from there and see what i can do. Thanks man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not meaning to hijack, but it is mame4all related. Is there a way to bring up the dipswitches for each individual game? I read in another post on here that it is I + II but I don't get anything out of that but more coin drops and starts.

Thanks

I apologize if this is a stupid question and I just can't figure it out, but is it possible for the user to configure the controls (either just in general, or on a per-game basis?)

The reason I ask is, I tried playing Galaga last night with the screen rotated, using the I/II button to fire. The problem is, whichever button is mapped to fire (can't remember whether it was I or II) is also mapped to insert a coin.

So, every time I shoot, it also inserts a coin, and the "insert coin" sound plays rather than the shooting sound.

I looked for a way to change the controls, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

stpat said:
I apologize if this is a stupid question and I just can't figure it out, but is it possible for the user to configure the controls (either just in general, or on a per-game basis?)

The reason I ask is, I tried playing Galaga last night with the screen rotated, using the I/II button to fire. The problem is, whichever button is mapped to fire (can't remember whether it was I or II) is also mapped to insert a coin.

So, every time I shoot, it also inserts a coin, and the "insert coin" sound plays rather than the shooting sound.

I looked for a way to change the controls, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Just bring up the config menu after loading a game (I think it's Start+Select by default), here you can remap the keys in general (the default controls) or for the specific game you are playing. The changed controls will be saved on exit.

Ah, thanks! I tried all the buttons, but didn't try button combinations. Thanks so much, I've fixed it now.

CKeichel said:
Just bring up the config menu after loading a game (I think it's Start+Select by default), here you can remap the keys in general (the default controls) or for the specific game you are playing. The changed controls will be saved on exit.

Back