GP32 Total Newbie

Bazzie

Website
Visit site
I am an total newbie too GP32 developing, but I would love to learn!

So can u guys please tell me:
-What I need
-Where I can get that
-What I need to learn
-A website to learn it

Thanks in advance, please help me make the GP32 scene even greater! B) :D

Don't download VC++, because that would be illegal.

Visual C++ costs money, something blipped4 doesn't seem to understand. A lot of people put a lot of effort into writing VC++, and blipped thinks it's OK to steal from them. I really hope he gets robbed one day, just so he knows what it feels like.

However...

You can get information on coding from Rico's famous tutorial, including free, legal software (called gcc and devkitadv). http://www.thaworx.co.uk/ninja

I have a question about the tut:

Now go into the MS-DOS prompt or shell, navigate to the test directory

How, I'm not an English wizz and i don't know how to go into the MS-DOS promt under Windows XP!

Under windows XP, it's best to use the enhanced dos, rather than the old one. The enhanced one lives under "cmd" instead of "command", and gives many more features, such as filename completion, command history, proper line editing, and the like.

Do not download Visual C++ for 2 reasons.

1. It would be illegal.
2. You cannot generate GP32 binaries with it, it only generates binaries that can be run on Windows.

Squidge posted on Dec 13 2003 at 11:54 PM said:
Under windows XP, it's best to use the enhanced dos, rather than the old one. The enhanced one lives under "cmd" instead of "command", and gives many more features, such as filename completion, command history, proper line editing, and the like.
You are my God, i figured out the command by myself, but it didnt work, this one does! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Visual C++ does allow the creation of GP32 binaries albeit not directly. VC++ allows you to compile using custom tools so you can just specify that you want to compile using the ARM-MAKE from the GP32 version of devkitadv.

Taras what the fuck are you on?I got a trial from Microsoft.com dont go accusin!Oh and by the roms are also illegal so i dont see what u r on about.

Roms are considered abandonware in most cases. Visual C++ is obviously not abandonware, and when you offer to send it to someone directly, it usually implies that you have an illegal version.

Abandonware? You're saying that downloading, say, Doom II, is ok, yet downloading Halo is wrong, yes?

Downloading Visual C++ is just as illegal as downloading Doom II, a SNES ROM, a Gameboy ROM, or MS-DOS 1.3

yes for ffs this post is old noe really old and it was a demo of visual c++ and i have formatted my pc since then so stop hangin on its borin.

Back