Touch Screen : How It Will Work ?

Arialia

Website
arialia.dev-fr.org
Hi everybody

i'm thinking how we can access touchscreen's information

like NDS with reading directly informations of touchscreen's controller ?

or access it via SDL ?

And what about calibration ?

if i true it's same technologie of NDS right ?

so i think we must make an calibration program very good to prevent decalibration harware , don't repeat same errors than Nintendo :angry:

Four points of calibration must be good

i've found an interesting algorithm here but not test it yet

somebody knows it?

i have a good "cobaye" for this : my poor red DS :D

excuse for my bad english, it's very difficult for an old french lady :lol:

Maybe we should try to integrate the calibration with the software somehow... Like we could make some of the buttons really small, so when they press it, we could auto-calibrate it

You can be fairly confident that under Linux the touchscreen will be accessed via TSLib and be presented via SDL as a mouse type device.

All being well platform specific SDL methods will be available to grab hardware X/Y, pressure etc. in addition to the usual mouse style events.

As for access to the touchscreen without SDL you can read the Linux TSLib device directly. Also, calibration should be 5 point (well that is what I prefer). You can of course talk to the hardware controller if you really feel the need ;).

Regarding that article, things have moved on a bit since 2002 :D. There are very few issues with the calibration algorithms in TSLib if they are implemented correctly.

Back