Transport Tycoon Deluxe

tedbell

Still Fresh
Has anyone had any luck getting Transport Tycoon to work on the wiz? I guess the WIZ doesn't play GP2X software, or I have mangled files from the original TTD. When I try to launch it, the screen either goes black, or freezes on the "Loading..." screen.

Please give me some tips on getting this to work!

Mr 2X said:
tedbell said:
I guess the WIZ doesn't play GP2X software

For most of GP2X apps/games is needed a port / recompilation to work on Wiz.

TTD2X hasn't yet been ported.

Yeah, TTD2X is compiled with hardware-accelerated SDL so it will not work like Mr 2X said. It would be very easy to just recompile it if someone has a Wiz and wants to release it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks for the info guys! This would be a great game with the WIZ touchscreen.

I just got a WIZ yesterday - Can I recompile it, or is there major reworking to be done to accommodate the touchscreen and WIZ itself?

tedbell said:
Ok, thanks for the info guys! This would be a great game with the WIZ touchscreen.

I just got a WIZ yesterday - Can I recompile it, or is there major reworking to be done to accommodate the touchscreen and WIZ itself?

The complete source code and a Makefile is posted on the archive:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,46,2463

It shouldn't require any sourcecode changes unless there are a few GP2X-specific functions only found in that handheld's SDL. If I had a Wiz I could probably port it and have it running in under an hour, to give you an idea of what is involved.

Excuse me for the probably dumb question, but how can I make this run on my Wiz? Put it on my SD, open Termula, cd to the folder, "./configure && Makefile && make install"?

Passy said:
Excuse me for the probably dumb question, but how can I make this run on my Wiz? Put it on my SD, open Termula, cd to the folder, "./configure && Makefile && make install"?

You need to set up a Wiz dev environment on a PC and cross-compile it there.

Senor Quack said:
Passy said:

Thanks - got the toolchain running (the Openwiz toolchain for my Linux machine).

Now, do I have to compile every single ".c" file? The Wiz-Wiki tells me to use

Code:
/opt/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/bin/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu-gcc -o <outputfile>.gpe <inputfile>.c

Since there are about 100 *.c files in the OpenTTD source, what do I have to do?

Passy said:
Senor Quack said:
Passy said:

Thanks - got the toolchain running (the Openwiz toolchain for my Linux machine).

Code:
/opt/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu/bin/arm-openwiz-linux-gnu-gcc -o <outputfile>.gpe <inputfile>.c

Since there are about 100 *.c files in the OpenTTD source, what do I have to do?

You will need to learn about Makefiles and modify the makefile supplied with TTD2X to suit the Wiz dev environment. Then you should just be able to type "make" and it will build a new executable you copy to your to the TTD2X folder on your Wiz's SD card. You might also have to change some library linking stuff in the Makefile too. If you've never done this sort of thing before you will need to try to learn all this on your own step by step. It can be a pain.

Senor Quack said:
Passy said:
Senor Quack said:
Passy said:

Code:

You will need to learn about Makefiles and modify the makefile supplied with TTD2X to suit the Wiz dev environment. Then you should just be able to type "make" and it will build a new executable you copy to your to the TTD2X folder on your Wiz's SD card. You might also have to change some library linking stuff in the Makefile too. If you've never done this sort of thing before you will need to try to learn all this on your own step by step. It can be a pain.
Alright, that's way above my knowledge. Thank you very much for your help, guess I'll have to wait for someone to port it then.

Oh, by the way, there's this program called Wargus (Engine for Warcraft 2). I got the source for the gp2x version here. Do I have to modify the Makefile here, too, or is there more to do?

Edit/
Let's say I got the sourcecode for some games. What does it need to port them to the Wiz? Do I only have to adjust the Makefile or is it more?

Back