Tri-booting Haiku, Syllable And Aros On A Laptop :)

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

I'm posting this here because I think there are some BeOS and AmigaOS users in these boards who could be interested in my attempt:

I actually plan to install Haiku, Syllable, and AROS on my 4 years old HP pavilion zv5310EA laptop, which has now 1,2go RAM.

I've been using these OSes for many months now under VM or hosted, and I want to test them now in native mode.

The way I see it:

I will first create 4 partitions with a Gparted Live CD. Then:

[MBR (Syllable GRUB) -- Haiku -- Syllable -- AROS -- Free partition]

I think I will use the "dd" method to install an Haiku image to the first partition (from an USB key and thanks to an Ubuntu Live CD), then I will install Syllable the normal way to the second partition and then modify its grub on the MBR to be able to find Haiku and boot it. Finally I'll install AROS to the third partition, and copy some files from its Live CD to Syllable GRUB directory. If it doen't work I could also use the chainload method...

The Free partition will have to be formatted in a way that it can be accessible in both read and write mode from the three systems. I think a FAT FS is the "better" choice in that situation...

Opinions, advices, and ideas are welcomed :)

Thanks, Magic Sam :)

P.S : I can no longer access gp32x.de, is that normal ? I'm asked to download a PHTML file...My browser is Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; fr; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080207 Ubuntu/7.10 (gutsy) Firefox/2.0.0.12 :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back