Triple Triad X

Thanks for still continuing the project.

I alwasy loved the tripple triad !

paxl13

I'm also back from the Games Convention, so it should now be easier for me to find some time to do more graphics work :)

Hate to bump, but I have to know how things are going with this project and didn't want to start a new thread.

So Sephnroth, how's the updating coming along? Is it getting anywhere near where it was before you had the hard drive crash?

*cracks knuckles* okay, you all deserve an explination of my disapearance. I've been having to send these msgs to various places across the net because I have been completely -gone-, even my ragnarok online guild has abandoned me T_T

not to put too finer point on it, life threw me a couple of curve balls in quick succession which has completly knocked me out of these circles for a while and maybe a while longer. I saw my gp2x gathering dust today and felt a pang of guilt, I should of explained things sooner. Its basically been a succession of "not too big" things that combined to create "a big thing".

My teeth had reached critical mass and a couple were pulled, some rebuilt, others filled. I fell ill, again, likely because of an infection in my mouth (incidently this is why you religiously brush your teeth 3 times a day when you are unemployed and unable to afford dental treatment!) and for the past couple of months i've had what felt like a severly damaged hip and right leg but has actually been caused by a trapped nerve deep in my back - I have a few weeks of phsyiotherapy (phsyical therapy to americans) which should hopfully deal with that once and for all.

Additionally to that i've been using my free time trying to find a way to afford and send myself back to college because I really want a degree. I can code pretty well for someone without training but people will rarely even grant me a job interview because I dont have the paper to proove it :(

Oh, i'm ill again right this very moment too but its with the cold bug going around that my friends and familly all have too xD hooray! The way I see it though, its been about a year of this crap, i'm due a pretty long run of niceness afterwards.

Anyway, to level completly - the result is I havnt touched ttx since the crash. Some people on msn have asked me this before so let me state.. the crash was VERY real and quite possiably lost me a potential job where one employer was willing to grant me an interview regardless of education and industry experiance but based off examples of work and i had nothing left to show because it was all gone. Some people on the irc channel had copies of the latest ttx binaries, i just dont have the source for them anymore.

I do have an old source from which to work from however WHEN i'm able to code again (ie have time) - although considering only one person in the past 2 months has asked whats happened to ttx its not all that inspiring and I wonder if it would truely be missed or if i should spend my time on something people are more interested in :p

either way, thats how it stands. I am truely very sorry for not leveling sooner but you know what its like when it seems everything is going wrong and you barely have time to go to the toilet anymore and what free time you have is spent dead in bed wishing the non-free time wasnt happening :/

anyhoo, thats that. I have no dates or promises or even vague ideas of whats happening next but I can say the source I have left is backed up multiply and not going anywhere, it can be continued at any time.

sorry again for the disapearance!

oh, ps, all my links and everything dying is a pure coincidence and unrelated to my disapearance from the net - the guy who was hosting all my stuff cleaned up his server a bit. ahem. yes, cleaned. its all backed up on his pc somewhere apprantly :/

I've been watching this thread like a hawk for the next release. I just didn't think it would be nice to bug you as I knew you were in a painful position after the crash. Please don't give up on the project because you don't think there is support.

I hope you feel better can get back on your feet soon.

everyone really wants to see this game finished but considering all your recent hardships i think the lack of response is more a sign of respect rather than a lack of interest. when you have big real life stuff going on it would be rude to try to get on your case to update ttx. anyway the demo from earlier was cool and i would definitely like to see this finished or at least an rpg made with the engine or change the project to making an rpg engine that others could use.

HURRAY! Sephnroth is back! I missed you, man ;_;. I've been practicing, so I'll be able to make new sprites for the game whenever you want me to. =) Even better ones than before! But take it at your own pace, there really is no rush.

I haven't asked about it simply because I really haven't seen you at all oO; I really wanna know if you want me to redo the sprites, cause looking back at them they seem kinda ugly o.o

Well, since I'm the one who asked in the last two months, and from reading everyone elses reasons for not bothering you, I guess that makes me a bit of a rude, disrespectful, thorn-in-the-side ;)

Seriously, get well soon: things will look up eventually. I've also had a big run of illnesses this year (operation, infections, fevers and of course a bad-ass cold/cough combo), but I'm hoping it's running out of steam now.

As for the job, maybe you'll just have to try something else for a while, till you get back on your feet. I had to teach English for a couple of years before I got myself an IT job (which is what I theoretically studied for). But you know how it is, jobs are like girlfriends: when don't have one you can't get one, and then when you do you get loads of offers!

Sorry for the grave dig, but what the hell, it's for a good cause.

How are things going for you? Any updates on TTX? I hope your life took a turn for the better, judging from your last post you were due for one :)

- Alex

hehe, I have it set to email me when people reply to this thread so even though the post is so old and I have been absent so long replying to this tends to get my attention like such ;)

news isnt particularly great, more excuses and all that - but its not all bad. belive it or not I *have* been idly working on TTX - mainly due to the fact one of my friends keeps on stealing my gp2x to play it and she has a killer slap on her and its "Dave FINISH IT OR LESS HUGS AND MORE SLAPS" :(

But progress is slow - i've just been SO busy this past year - I *still* have back problems, employment is eratic oh and my girl ran off with another man 5 weeks before the day I had set aside to propose to her (her birthday and right next to our 5th year anniversary! hooray!)

lol - the engine is still no where near what it was :( but im patching it together. I will let you know if it gets anywhere!

Actually, due to the painful lack of time i've been suffering - I have been thinking about cleaning up the source as it stands and putting it on my home svn server and giving public access to it. Would anyone be interested in this? If not i'll just keep it to myself, but if anyone has the know how and drive you might be able to take it to places even I didnt think of :) I would still work on it regardless, it would just be collaborative.

Hey! Glad to hear you're still around!

I'd say go ahead with making the source public: don't know if anyone here would be willing to help out, but at least it would make it less likely to lose the code in the event of another HD failure or whatever, since somebody will surely get themselves a copy. Wouldn't even have to be a svn server: I'm sure an occasionally updated .zip would suffice.

Massive grave-digging *BUMP*!!

Any news on this great project?

Well, at the risk of getting chewed out by a moderator, I just had to bump this thread again :)

Are you out there Sephnroth?? I know you're still watching this thread, biding your time to post something ;)

Back