Trying To Test Doom Stuff On An Emu

Octavious

Programer Guru! ...in the making
Website
www.retroportables.4x2.net
well, I have the make smc set from gp32emu.com and its great and all, just doom is to big for the 32mb version and i was wonderin , how does one go and make a bigger smc using this easy method
please download the pack ( under FAQ's ) and play with it and tell me what you did to get the 128 make smc to work

~Octavious

ps
i want to do this so i can see what works and what don't and what i like to know what i want to put on my smc the second it gets here ( have a 32mb card.. :( )

Last time I tried, GpDoom wouldn't work on GeePee32 because it accesses the hardware directly rather than using the gamepark sdk. Not sure if that's still the case. In this thread they were talking about the same thing, and it doesn't look like it can be done.

Most wads that don't need "enhanced" versions of Doom, will work on GpDoom. That is, if it has a "deh" (dehacked) file with it, it may not work.

With 32MB, you won't be able to get any big extension wads on there. So you'll be stuck to one wad. I'd definitely recommend getting at least one 128MB SMC!

Last edited by a moderator:
ya , workin on that , but gotta keep the cable internet so i goots pay for that , kinda blows when your young ( got a job tho ) , its just car insurance , car payments , gas money , and paintball ( i had to pick the most expensive hobby ) keep me pretty paid out , so maybe next month

well, is there a way to get that pack to convert to 128 meg cards so i can try lots of free crap to see if it works and if i like it?

~Octavious

Goto firefly's site (the Geepee32 emu author) and goto the makesmc section and download the 128MB version of makesmc, and repeat the normal guide :)

Robster he was talking about the buildsmc guide

I tried working the 128 part with the batch or pacth, whatever, file and renamed it and the file recognized it but it just frooze up... kinda blows...

~Octavious

Back