Ttd2x Build 1002: Another Day Another Update...

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone,

Glad the feedback has been so positive for TTD2X. Only DaveC said otherwise, so I call it a perfect release.
I have been listening to what users of TTD2X want, and I changed the way zooming and panning of the viewport works. I also added variable cursor movement speed. And, I added sound effects and music mixed output, so you get both now. :)

This is all in Build 1002! Get it here:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/ttd2x_build1002.zip

If you already have Build 1001, just get the files that need upgrading:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/ttd2x_update_build1002.zip

If you want the source code:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/ttd2x_src_build1002.zip

Please see the readme.txt for more information on installation and controls.

Thanks for playing!

Luckily you can keep the saves from build 1001 when updating to build 1002. Just get the update and overwrite the two files and you get sound effects, music, better usability, and continue where you left off from build 1001. :)

Hi Zodttd, I have a bug in this new release.

When I make NewGame... The maps generate itself in front of me but, it scroll to the left and when it get close to the end of the map.. I can't go back to the right. I also tried to use the map but it didn't help. I get to the new position and then it restart to scrool back.

Thanks for all those great release on the gp2x :D
Paxl13

Anyone else having the same issue that paxl13 is having? I saw the bug appear before but it was extremely rare.

Hey cool, it works! :)
First I had a little trouble with the controls but it's working. Nice Solution for the controll-issue.
It seems, that it is a newer build with the new Options-Window for custom graphics. And they working, I had tried new Town graphics so far.
I had also tried my old big Savegame and it's working to! :) I only miss the Subsidiaries-Patch and the PBS.
Little bug: Euro-sign not displayed and sometimes german "umlauts" as Ö Ä Ü missing here and there replaced by a "?" You can check it.
Here, my fav. little network, it was an old Subsidiaries Savegame, now my other company (for Airplanes) is AI I think...yes I use build-in-pause-mode. :lol:

http://rapidshare.com/files/12562529/BIG_I...r_2042.sav.html

Of course it is more unlikely to build this kind of Network on GP2X ^^

Just put this on my Sd, going to give it a shot. Thanks Zodttd! As ever prolific with the updates! Working sound and music!

Oh, paxl13, you're right! The bug he's describing is due to the keymapping's to the hard buttons on the GP2X still working when right-clicking. Right-Click + ABXY is supposed to scroll the map! Let me fix. :p

Cool !

I'm currently trying on a pc :D.. This games looks realy great :D

Paxl13

Fixed! For those who already downloaded Build 1002, I apologize. I left out a small snippet of code on accident that prevents users from placing road/rails/etc...

For those already with build 1001 or build 1002, please re-download this:
http://www.spookysoftsite.com/ttd2x_update_build1002.zip
Build 1001 users will need to overwrite both files.
Build 1002 users will need to only overwrite the openttd.gpe file.

For those who haven't yet downloaded TTD2X, the files have been updated and all is well for you. :)

Sorry about that. :p

Btw, someone just told me RC4 is out from OpenTTD. So I'll update to RC4 in a moment too. :p

Oh, and about the "?" issue with German fonts:
From OpenTTD.org:
"
We are getting a lot of questions about bad fonts, only '?' characters for non-latin languages, etc. We would clearly like to state to READ the readme bundled with the game, section '9. Troubleshooting', or online here.

To state this here shortly: you need to specify a font in openttd.cfg in the small_font/medium_font and large_font sections to get proper characters for Japanese, Russian, etc. Some languages have sprite-versions of the fonts available, you can put that in the [newgrf-static] section of the cfg file.
Completely unrelated, but Release Candidate 4 has a bug that it starts up in russian for the first time. The solution is to either try to find your way through all the '?'-s and change the language, delete russian.lng file or set 'language=english.lng' in the config file.
"

I'm looking through the list of updated stuff in RC4 now. It may not have much to do with GP2X's TTD2X since it has a lot of multiplayer fixes.

Btw, don't worry about new versions coming out often, as your saved games will almost always work in new revisions of OpenTTD/TTD2X. :)

Ah, great, fixes the main bug I noticed, I think. Also may be related, yet to try update/bugfix, The screen won't scroll the map if the cursor is at the edge of the window (ie hold rht and wiggle stick in direction of edge cursor is at). Also when zoomed in/out fully the buttons move the screen diagonally - related to a centre reposition on zoom?

Also an 'instant' zoom in to cursor button would be cool - right shoulder plus select? ... what does start do? Wait I'll soon see. A pause key would be good, was it spacebar in the original?

Did you make any headway with the tv out?

edit: right shoulder and abxy are still doing weird things. Not working as mouse buttons anymore and if you hold abx or y and tap the shoulder button it scrolls in that direction until you press the shoulder button again - is this deliberate?
Edit2; Start is free it seems, but checking on the pc version, I discover there is no 'pause key' , I guess it would have to 'call the pause procedure' to work.

Also to anyone new to ttd I recommend practising on the PC version first, you can even potentially bring you saves over, gotta check that yet. It's ages since I played this game, and I had forgotten about the map - so I kept getting lost. It's complicated and playing a tutorial, if it exists, would be a good way of getting into it.

@Zodttd Are the fonts adjustable? Is it possible to use one that scales better/bigger, I know wishful thinking...

Vol+/- changes the mouse/scroll speed faster or slower.

But it would be good if when using the scrolling (right shoulder + stick) that it went at a faster preset speed temporarily.

Hi everyone,

Glad the feedback has been so positive for TTD2X. Only DaveC said otherwise, so I call it a perfect release.

I think it is a great job. I just think it is a bit awkward on this device to play. To give positive feedback, I will say that you did a fine job of squeezing it in the Gp2X though. Good work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back