Gpsp2x Goes Public With V9008!

Paulo Becker posted on Mar 23 2007 at 01:01 PM said:
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed that if you use more than one save slot the emu seems to get confused and exchanges them. I was playing Monster Rancher 2 and saved the game to slot 0, and then a little further on saved to slot 1. After I turned the GP2X off and came back to play, when I loaded slot 1 it gave me the save I had in slot 0.

I've had some similar problems, but across games :blink: That is: I load Lunar Legends, go to the savestates menu (since I wanted to check what savestate to load - brill idea, that screenshot thing), select i.e. slot 2, press load...and suddenly I'm in Tactics Ogre, because apparently it loaded a T.O. savestate?!?

:blink: :eek: :ph34r:

Odd. I haven't made enough experimentes to make out a pattern, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that one is impossible to beat, due to the D-stick.

What I did was beat him on the PC, and then copied over the SRAM. Its difficult to beat him, even on the PC.

If you want, I will PM you a SRAM.

White Demon posted on Mar 23 2007 at 01:33 PM said:
I ran three games, and I must say, rather than the mild playability @ 200mhz, now the games were at or almost fullspeed with manual 2. Very impressive. Metroid Fusion was even better - nearly fullspeed without framekip, and at fs1 it was flawless. Very nice.
Really? What Metroid Fusion Version? How much FPS?
I had finished the US Version on my GP2X with always 266MHz and Ram-tweaks and after playing through the whole Game (*sweat*) per emulator I can say, that Mefroid Fusion is faaaar away from fullspeed. Don't let you blend from the beginning. First Main sector is fast for me to. Not many enemies or graphical effects. With Autoframeskip 2 you can get over 50FPS here and there.
But when you fight through the game, later there are incredible performance breaks especially in lava/heated and Water Areas, Boss-Fights, sections with many enemies and so on.
I had sometimes not even 20FPS with manuel FS 1 (good would be around 30 at this setting - a big difference ingame! ). And 15-20 FPS on such GBA games somehow feels really hard to play. :( manuel FS2 don't makes it better and auto FS you can forget completely.

So be carefull with "nearly fullspeed", better first play through each game completely and then make an overall conclusion. I think this will help others more ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back