Tv Cable Compatibility

sanctuary13

Still Fresh
so i got my TV cable today, immediately hooked it up, got my wicked GP2x menu on the big screen. but then i discovered, none of my emulators liked it. squidge ran on the left half the of the screen only. drdmx ran fine, but every rom loaded only ran on top half of screen. stella seemed to work as ok as stella ever is.
and what i mean by on those sides of the screen is the images are squeezed into those areas. am i doing something wrong, or is it just a complatibility issue? any kind of adjustmen i can make to help it out?

and if it makes any difference, im piggybacking the s-video on my dvd player straight thru to my flat screen tv, not a widescreen. im also NTSC, which i selected on the GP2x at the TV-out screen.

please, it would help my marriage if my wife and i werent crammed over a tiny screen re-living our childhoods.

AFAIK squidge fixed that recently on squidgesnes, as i did with gnuboy2x, mame will support tvout on the next version and for the rest, just wait for the compo releases, there is something that you'll love.
The problem with mame, squidgesnes and gnuboy2x was that the minilib doesn't detect if you are using tvout or not, and doesn't adjust for that case, but we are doing that ourselves, don't worry.

Back