Tv Cable - Quick And Easy Question

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I have an official GP2X TV OUT cable -

gp2x_cable.JPG

- but I need something to connect it to a UK PAL tv. This is purely to watch .AVI files (or will this not be good enough?), not to play GP2X games.

What cable(s) do I need to buy? Will this just plug into a SCART adapter block (the ones with red/yellow/white connctors - like comes with Wii and XBox etc.)?

Anyone got any direct links to MAPLINS or similar component supplier?

Thanks in advance. :)

My cable is slightly different and i plug it straight into the red black white on the back of my telly - but yeah by the looks of that it should fit into scart block...?

It won't fit into my tv as it is (the red and white ends are female, as are the tv connectors - I therefore need a female to female lead of some sort and one for the black lead). Even if it did fit my tv the cable is so short that the GP2X would be hanging in mid-air!

The problem comes from the fact that my tv at work (night shifts can be very loooong) doesn't have an S-VHS connection, hence my want of a scart lead/connection.

Possible? Available?

iprice said:
It won't fit into my tv as it is (the red and white ends are female, as are the tv connectors - I therefore need a female to female lead of some sort and one for the black lead). Even if it did fit my tv the cable is so short that the GP2X would be hanging in mid-air!

The problem comes from the fact that my tv at work (night shifts can be very loooong) doesn't have an S-VHS connection, hence my want of a scart lead/connection.

Possible? Available?
Are you asking for cables that convert s-vid to Composite(Yellow, Red and White) and to convert the Female(in) cables to Male(out) ones? If you are, then you should easily be able to find some on Amazon.com. I had the same problem myself (sans the audio converters) and that was all that was needed. The GP2X has a PAL output feature, so it will work just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds about right. Cheers.

I've now found a scart adapter that will accept the S-VID/S-VHS connection, but I'll have to buy a male/male red and white set of leads.

I think I'll pop to Maplins and see what they can do.

Those extension leads would work a treat on my home tv, cheers Squidge.

The problem though is that the tv at work is so old it doesn't have S-Video input, and that's where I really want to use the GP2X, so I've got to go with a scart adapter/connection of some sort.

Is that connector that fits in the GP2X some sort of ISO or standard one? Or is it GPH custom made?

Because I like to build some tvout/usb myself, not spending $$ for a breakoutbox that won't fit in my GP2X case anyway.

Redsandro said:
Is that connector that fits in the GP2X some sort of ISO or standard one? Or is it GPH custom made?
It's obtainable, although usually not that easily.

Easiest thing is to just buy the TV cable, rather than the cradle.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the TV cable is sort of fabricated together in a way that it is not very 'editable'. I was fantasizing about making this cable with tv-out, usb, and maybe power-in for the usb.

If you know about the part number, I'd like to know. Let's find out how hard it is to obtain.

Back