TV on for GP32...

argon0

Hmmm.... I've recently come across a USB TV Tuner for PCs would it be, even theoretically, possible to link one of these up to a GP32?

If so I know where to get the WINTV USB Tuner for only £32 + VAT and Delivery...

Well i thought of that already... It might be possible to make this work on the GP32, but you would first have to find a way to power the tuner (I guess it is bus powered, but the GP32 USB host delivers no power at all), and then code some GP32 software to actually use it (We'd need to reverse engineer the drivers/software)

IMO it could be done, but since i don't know how a usb tuner and a PC work together, all i said could be complete bullshit.

I'd really like to see that done, though.

[edit] After a few minutes of Googling, i found this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbvision/

This is a USB TV tuner driver for Linux. It works with tuners using the USBVision chipset (a lot of them do). The sources are included, so it might be easier than i thought. Hmmm does anyone want to give it a try?

i think that would be very hard to do.. i think we cant use the drivers so easily, then we need to port also a tv program, sure there are also some.. but that means much work :)
i dont think that somebody would do this...
if the gp32 were released in europe i think we see one from some 3rd party companys but now... lets see

well, a tv tuner would be pretty hard what with the usb and all. plus NO ONE know how to use the gp32's usb port as a usb master.

the euro release isn't happening :( (to the best of my knowledge...)

Back