TV Out cable + Movie (Green on the TV)

trevormacro

Hello,

When I try to watch a movie with my pandora on my LG LCD I don't have any VIDEO showed (only green color)  :( why?

On my pandora the movie worked but not on my TV WHY?

I tried PanPlayer or SMPlayer2 without success :(

Anybody can help me ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to switch to the hardware scaler Layer mode for it to work, and you need to do this manually by going into the TV config and setting it to HW scaler layer mode. the new auto-switching doesn't work with it, seems to only work on SDL games?

Edit: you can also toggle between Scaler and main Layer by hitting Fn+L or F12 depending on when you updated your SZ to the latest version.

For exemple, Quake 3 display on TV but PSX emulator doesn't display :( like GBA emu etc... why?

If my TV doesn't have HW scaler layer mode how can i do?

I have Super ZAXXON 1.60

The TV has nothing to do with it. It's a mode that the Pandora does..

PSX Emulator, GBA needs to use the Hardware Scaler mode, Quake 3 doesn't.

Pandora meun > Settings > TV-out Settings

There is a HW-Scaler option somewhere on the left :)

Why when I try to play GBA game and I push Fn+L it work but quality is HORRIBLE on TV?

EDIT: to have the best image quality for movie hwo can i do ?

and for emulator?

If it's an LCD TV they typically have poor handling of old Analog signals .

Why when I try to play GBA game and I push Fn+L it work but quality is HORRIBLE on TV?

and for emulator?
Is it more horrible somehow than Quake3? there shouldn't really any quality differences between layer modes.. Sometimes poor cables can make a difference, I use S-Video cables when possible. If your TV supports it using PAL using that can produce a higher resolution vs NTSC.

and for emulator?
Is it more horrible somehow than Quake3? there shouldn't really any quality differences between layer modes.. Sometimes poor cables can make a difference, I use S-Video cables when possible. If your TV supports it using PAL using that can produce a higher resolution vs NTSC.
Quake3 is better than GBA on the LCD LG why I don't know  :(

EDIT:

About audio is it better to use separated audio or only audio from TV?

If my movie had a low audio volume at max how can i increase it with pandora?

Back