Tv-out Cable

NinjaFae

Still Fresh
The TV-Out cable, as I understand it, comes in S-Video form, but, er, what if one doesn't have s-video on their TV? I ask, as I am hoping to find a component video cable, three co-ax leads for left, right, video. Does such a mod/cable exist?

Emu&Co posted on Mar 20 2006 at 07:01 PM said:
You could get a S-Video Scart Adapter. I did so.

Anyone got a good link to the exact correct extension cable that goes from socket audio and pin s-video, to socket audio, and socket s-video ? All the ones I can find are £25 and go from socket s-video to socket s-video. completely useless.

Why on earth would they make it so that the audio is a socket ? I just dont get it ? who on earth has pins coming out of their TV ? Ever ?

I'm very disappointed....

Last edited by a moderator:
Simply because it's cheaper and easier to get a phono male-male lead, and the adaptor is just that - an adaptor.

Just use a RCA audio pin to RCA audio pin (classic).
And for the s-video you could use a S-Video Scart Adapter with RCA audio socket.

I think the reason is that the cable is so short that you must have to use extra cables.
Like a s-video "lengthen" (socket to your cable-Pin to the adapter)

Lazrhog posted on Mar 20 2006 at 08:21 PM said:
Why on earth would they make it so that the audio is a socket ? I just dont get it ? who on earth has pins coming out of their TV ? Ever ?
I don't have one, but the reason that it has a socket is to accomodate an extension lead. The tv out cable itself isn't really a cable as much as an adaptor. Since the cheapest and most common audio cables are male-male it makes sense to have female connectors on the tv-out adaptor.

Our TV have SCART to Cinch reduction, so I create myself S-video (female) to Cinch reduction cable because It's much cheaper then buying expensive S-video/cinch reduction like nickspoon suggest.

I realise the adaptors are fine but why not make an RCA composite cable to start with?

thelamer posted on Mar 21 2006 at 12:03 AM said:
I think the real question is why is the s-video male ???

Makes no sense at all , if it is a true adapter then all the connections should be female . Not al out of whack .

Yes, but i think they've (@ GPH) prefered to do something you could plug when you got it (even if it's sitting behind the Tv set, wich is stupid).

With a S-video extension and basic RCA cables it's okay.

Back