Tv Out Cable Question...

NoidZ

Mind the world, need for panic
Website
Visit site
I didn't mentioned it before, till 5mins ago...

This TV-Out Cable Has a normal video (input) plug on the end. Mine has a S-Video (Output) and I really can't find cable which EXTENDS a s-video cable.

Do I have a rare video cable or something, or do you guys have the same?

Mine is, but I really can't find one which extends. And I don't want to import a cable for $6 when shipping costs about $20 :S

If you look closely you can see that it's the same cable you have, just with a s-video to composite adaptor on the end of it.

Cheeky monkey's. ;)

You should be able to find one in a local electronics store...

Edit: Try Radioshack in the US.

2nd Edit: Whoops, you're not in the US. :rolleyes:

NoidZ posted on Apr 26 2006 at 10:47 AM said:
I didn't mentioned it before, till 5mins ago...

This TV-Out Cable Has a normal video (input) plug on the end. Mine has a S-Video (Output) and I really can't find cable which EXTENDS a s-video cable.

Do I have a rare video cable or something, or do you guys have the same?
Actually, to me that looks like the S-Video connections has an RCA adapter on the end of it.

Anyway, yes my TV-OUT cable has the same S-Video "male" ended plug on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's something stupid... Why make every cable on the connector in except the video. And NONE of my local stores have this extension cables and some even say "That doesn't even exist" and "Aah, I know what you're up to..." :S

Well, I'm logging off right now, the weather here is very nice :)

The video cable is like that because it is cheaper to get RCA (phono) Male->Male cables and cheaper to get an S-Video->RCA Female->Female adaptor.

Basically, you want a triple phone male-male lead and an S-Video->RCA female-female adaptor. This is cheaper and has the added benefit of having only one lead from TV-Out to TV.

Female-female S-video adaptors are a bit tricky to find, and prices vary wildly.

A large electronics distributor in my city was selling them for $12 which is ridiculous. So I went to my regular little family-run shop and picked one up for $4.50.

I also grabbed a female S-video to male composite adaptor (didn't have any that went to female composite) for about $5.60, but I just got an extra female-female RCA adaptor for $0.60.

So, you have to know what you're looking for, and I recommend you DON'T go to Radio Shack since it's a place for newbies, and they'll charge you a high price because they think you don't know any better. Go grab a phone book and look up some local electronics shops.

iatneH posted on Apr 26 2006 at 02:02 PM said:
Female-female S-video adaptors are a bit tricky to find, and prices vary wildly.

A large electronics distributor in my city was selling them for $12 which is ridiculous. So I went to my regular little family-run shop and picked one up for $4.50.

I also grabbed a female S-video to male composite adaptor (didn't have any that went to female composite) for about $5.60, but I just got an extra female-female RCA adaptor for $0.60.

So, you have to know what you're looking for, and I recommend you DON'T go to Radio Shack since it's a place for newbies, and they'll charge you a high price because they think you don't know any better. Go grab a phone book and look up some local electronics shops.

What store did you go to I live in New West

Last edited by a moderator:
Back