TV out cables for Craig preorders

Yamara

Website
www.cafepress.com
I poked about but haven't seen anything about TV out cables preordered originally through Craig's shop. It was moot, since they were so far away. Now that it seems they might be around sometime, hopefully, in August, not accounting for future natural disasters, it seemed a good time to ask.

I was one of the original preorders of the Pandora, plus TV out cable, through Craig's shop. I got my Pandora (think it's an orig CC with better nubs). What should we expect regarding delivery of these TV out cables?

I'm hoping "hopeless" isn't the primary answer, but the fact that original preorders are still being handled is a bit daunting. (Kudos to ED for everything he pours into this endeavor.)

Ed is handling the tv outs atm. He has prototype cables at the moment. I guess they are being tested. Global components will manufacture them. They also handle the pandora production atm. Dunno what kind of a timeframe were looking at but ed will let us know in due course.

Can't remember if the tv out order from craig will transfer over to ed or not.

I have one or is it two on order from AGES ago.

I also had preordered cables. Im planning to just buy from dragonbox; I gave up hope getting anything back from Craig. (Let's say its for the cause...)

I'll get new prototypes this week (they didn't use a proper connector), so it's probably we'll have the mass production done in 7 weeks.

The cables are a lot more expensive than planned back then, so I cannot simply send them out to the old preorders for free, sorry about that.

However, you will receive a coupon for my shop which equals the amount of the TV Out Cable if you place an order worth more than 50 EUR.

So you order some SD Card, a GCW, an Everdrive or a lot of small items (T-Shirts, etc.) and basically get the cable for free again.

So are you saying we have to pay more or forfeit what we paid with the pre-order?

I'll get new prototypes this week (they didn't use a proper connector), so it's probably we'll have the mass production done in 7 weeks.

The cables are a lot more expensive than planned back then, so I cannot simply send them out to the old preorders for free, sorry about that.

However, you will receive a coupon for my shop which equals the amount of the TV Out Cable if you place an order worth more than 50 EUR.

So you order some SD Card, a GCW, an Everdrive or a lot of small items (T-Shirts, etc.) and basically get the cable for free again.

ED, when you say place an order worth more than 50 EUR, does that mean I pay you 50 EUR minus the original cable price, or does it mean I have to pay at least 50 EUR and then I'll have the original cable price added in credit? I.e. my order can add up to 50eur + cable price, but I only pay 50eur?

Back