tv-out question (solved)

DarkCheetah

Does the HW overlay setting only work with S-video. I've tried everything to get it to work through composites but every time I select it I lose the tv-out. I can still hear the sound but the screen is black. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn. Even after a total reflash; overlay still doesn't work for me. There are several other changes with Hotfix6 final that aren't present for me either. Hopefully Yars' will rectify this stuff for me when it gets here. Even without full emulator support on the TV I'll still be playing Pandora most of the time anyhow. Tyrian on an HDTV is amazing to play. I also got my old PS2/USB adapter working with the Pandora, I've always found Playstation controllers to be very comfortable.

can you be a little bit more specific?

Cable/connection type, behaviour, emulators, tv-out settings (a print-screen would be fine), hotfix or full reflash etc
I've fully reflashed twice now to the same results. The only emulator that doesn't blackscreen on me is SNES9x4P. I'm running through the composites, NTSC, Main. If I'm running through main the desktop and everything are fine until I hit an emulator, most direct games for the Pandora are fine. When I select to go through the HW overlay however, it is always a black screen, even on the desktop. I always get the audio out from everything though. It's not a huge deal. I'm sure TV-out support will get better in time. Like everyone here, sometimes your particular Pandora just has problems where other people's don't. I can get a screen shot of my settings after work this afternoon.

One of the changes I noticed that was supposed to happen in Hotfix6 final was the community wallpapers being removed from the NAND which hasn't happened for me. This is the reason I think I'm having these TV-out issues. My reflashes don't seem to be working fully or something. I'm a patient guy so I don't have any problem waiting for Yars' to see if that may fix these issues I'm having with the last update.

When I select to go through the HW overlay however, it is always a black screen, even on the desktop. I always get the audio out from everything though.

Indeed, you won't get a tv-out image on apps that use main layer (Desktop, dosbox, snes and others)

Black screen is the normal overlay mode behaviour until you fire up a game on apps like Picodrive, PcSX, gpSP and Ginge (only).
Again...thank you so much Alerino. You have no idea how many times your advice to me or someone else's questions have solved problems I've had. I try my hardest to contribute but at times I feel like an idiot compared to others here. This really is one of the best communities I've ever been a part of.

no problem, did you get it to work?

if yes, you or a mod can update thread title (solved)
Indeed. It is working just fine now. I don't know why I didn't realize the overlay wouldn't work with the desktop. Sort of one of those drrrr moments on my part. Thanks again. :D

Back