TV-out : which emulators do work ?

Sorry for little offtopic, but does daphne work correctly for you with the newest firmware?

It seems I have problems with the controls.

On Dragon's Lair, iirc I used '1' to play one player, but it doesn't work. I have to play 2 players.

And the D-pad doesn't work, cause nothing happens when I try to move.

Tried on Astron too with the same results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news, there's a new GnGeo version in the way that supports the TV-out in the latest kernel. I have already tested it and it works, it should be in the repo soon. (I am not the maintainer).

Good news, there's a new GnGeo version in the works that supports the TV-out in the latest kernel. I have already tested it and it works, it should be in the repo soon. (I am not the maintainer).

i can get mame 4all working

have 512 pandora running SZ final kernel 3.2 using Composite Cable

1st open tv-out config and i set to composite ntsc main layer and leave the window open

2nd then run mame 4 all it will show on pandora and tv will be blank

3rd pick a game and get it running

4th hit the pandora button and set to hw scaler/ overlay and click write settings

5th click the mame icon on your toolbar to get control over it and will turn pandora's screen dark

6th have fun 0713121924a.jpg

0713121909.jpg

0713121924.jpg

i can get mame 4all working

have 512 pandora running SZ final kernel 3.2 using Composite Cable

1st open tv-out config and i set to composite ntsc main layer and leave the window open

2nd then run mame 4 all it will show on pandora and tv will be blank

3rd pick a game and get it running

4th hit the pandora button and set to hw scaler/ overlay and click write settings

5th click the mame icon on your toolbar to get control over it and will turn pandora's screen dark

6th have fun View attachment 3296

You rock !!!! Installed Panmame to play Mame, but this trick is great !!

I update my first post with SamCoupe too.

i thought it might just work for me seems like i have a lucky pandora never really have any of the problems as alot of the members have been posting. just glade i could finally help out with something i never post anything even tho i have been around since like 2010, very bad at spelling and my mind doesn't work the best

So will we see an update to PicoDrive to interact with the new kernel for the TV Out?

Does Mednafen work too?

So will we see an update to PicoDrive to interact with the new kernel for the TV Out?
Repo updated.

Sweet! I look forward to trying tonight!

By the way, I've been running PicoDrive TV-Out from the old kernel using a wireless gamepad and noticed that it gets choppy if I have the lid closed or if the screen turns off. When it gets choppy like this, I have to bring up the PicoDrive menu before it becomes smooth again. Is there any way to tweak this so that I can have the screen off while playing in TV-Out mode (as to not waste battery)?

That needs more than just hexediting a few bytes that I did for TV-out, need to get the source back to building state. Hopefully sometime this year there will be proper update..

Since the most recent update, I can't get PicoDrive to load at all. All I get is a black screen, and things from behind (desktop icons, menus...) will shine through if highlighted.

I am currently running SuperZaxxon Beta 5a.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I have it working now...I needed to delete the config file from the appdata folder after downloading the new version. It works great now...thanks again for the update!

You should update the list, and stick it on the wiki, for those that work with USB or BT gamepads :)

Last I checked, only picodrive and Hatari worked well there (with iCP and a gamepad.)

Pandora as a do-all console is pretty swank :)

jeff

Back