Tv Out With Panodra Folded Closed

Actually, this is an interesting topic. Since I was wanting to use the Pandora as a portable music player, I was looking around for suitable mini bluetooth remotes that could be used to control it while closed, since in this state you're limited to two buttons which would probably be easily actuated inadvertently when in pocket.

The wii stuff's not crap, it's actually really good tech for the price. But it's too expensive for this application. I'm sure bluetooth remotes will work fine, I'm definitely gonna get one. Do any remotes have a "hold" button so I can put them in my pocket too?

rabidpoobear said:
Yoyobuae said:
Also to build a sensor bar, why not just buy the IR LEDs at a Radio Shack or similar electronics shop? Get the LEDs and a few resistors (value depends on the voltage source used), hook them on series and it should work nicely.
if you hook them up in series you won't be able to light them unless you have like a 12v source (remember each LED creates a drop in voltage (most are around 3v) so if you have 4 LEDs (2 on each side to help angle - 3 on each side would be better (and is what the real sensor bar uses)) you're gonna have to have a big v+. Really you should hook them up in parallel - the voltage doesn't matter as long as it's higher than the LED drop. I use a 4 AA as my power source (1.5 * 4 = 6v). The resistor will take care of the rest. Also don't be dumb and parallel into a single resistor on V+, your LEDs will burn out way faster. LED's are not created equal, and the one with the lowest voltage drop will get more power and then burn out. Use a separate resistor per LED.
Actually, I meant that the resistor was in series with the LED. I guess I should've been more specific, here's a schematic to clear any doubts:
LED_lamp_circuit.png

But I guess wiimote is too expensive to buy just for this, but if there's already a wii in the house, might as well use them.

Last edited by a moderator:
My PC bluetooth receiver was destroyed in a horrible accident, it would be amazing if I could use the Pandora to rely BT signal to my PC via wi-fi, so I can use a wiimote with Dolphin.

The Wiimote really isn't crap, given how easy it is to get input from and the homebrew Wii scene it may be one of the most popular bluetooth devices. Pandora port of XMBC and a wiimote to control it with, yes please.

Two buttons can be useful for a couple things. On the DS in the media player Moonshell, holding the right shoulder button and pressing the left pauses/unpauses and holding left/pressing right goes to the next song. This would be a rather useful function for music playing with the Pandora closed.

My PC bluetooth receiver was destroyed in a horrible accident, it would be amazing if I could use the Pandora to rely BT signal to my PC via wi-fi, so I can use a wiimote with Dolphin.

Don't you have a USB port on your PC ?? Just buy a small USB blutooth adapter ! They cost nothing these days.

I am pretty sure you can re-map the buttons on a remote to do whatever you want, at least, when I had a tuner card with wireless remote I did so under Linux, theres a config file that describes the key mapping for the remote in VAR or somewhere, you can just alter the output to get whatever you want afaik

Yoyobuae said:
But I guess wiimote is too expensive to buy just for this, but if there's already a wii in the house, might as well use them.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30494
I have one to match my black wii, works just like the original and IS wii-branded, they just shopped it out in the pix to avoid legal repercussions. It's a wiimote & nunchuck for 20 bux, can't beat that.

rabidpoobear said:
B-ZaR said:
Nope, you don't need a sensor bar if you have the motionplus addon. I've hacked together a plugin to use a motionplus-enhanced wiimote as a quite accurate air mouse for cwiid. I haven't gotten around to releasing it yet, but anyone interested can give me a call.
You don't need the sensor bar even without the motionplus. It provides different functionality than the accelerometer (though it can be used to correct coordinates in 3d space if you assume that the sensor bar is horizontal).

f you've been working on wiimote stuff you should know that the wiimote can be in different modes, you can't even have full IR data reporting and extensions (motionplus F.E.) on at the same time, there's not enough room in the packets.

No, you don't, but as you said, you get different functionality. I haven't so far seen a good mouse implementation using only the accelerometers. All of the either work with relative motion (you hold the wiimote in a position to move the cursor, like using an analogue nub) or attempt to figure out something more advanced than the direction of gravity at constant motion. If you know of an absolute-coordinate (same position of the wiimote always maps to the same part of the screen, like with an air mouse) wiimote mouse using only the accelerometers, I'm interested :)

Is it possible to use this as a wearable remote?

http://www.ti-estore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=eZ430-Chronos-433

DrCJBoduma said:
Is it possible to use this as a wearable remote?
whaaaaat, great find! It's using rf to communicate wirelessly, so I suppose it would be possible with a usb rf receiver (and a driver to go with it). It would probably be easier just to find a commparable model that uses bluetooth instead.

Consequence9 said:
whaaaaat, great find! It's using rf to communicate wirelessly, so I suppose it would be possible with a usb rf receiver (and a driver to go with it). It would probably be easier just to find a commparable model that uses bluetooth instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDJIBydJvoM

Shows it in action

Back