Tv Picture Problem.

coevin

This issue is starting to really stress me out. I have 2 different tv's but neither them is able to show the full screen when using my f200 in the cradle. Its a real big pain especially in the amiga emulator. Im missing from the bottom and on the sides. Playing around with the tv out option doesnt help me either. Any suggestions?

That's the underscan area. It doesn't show on CRTs, some LCDs show it.
Only way to fix that is if it's possible to move around the screen within the TV.

<soapbox>
This topic has been discussed several times. Try the search engine if there is a resolution for your issue.
</soapbox>

If you have a CRT (tube TV)
- use the GP2X system setting feature and move the screen up and to the right to get a slight improvement
If you have a LCD/Plasma
- use the TV features to set the resolution (480i for movies, 320*240 for regular TVout) if possible

If neither is successful, buy a TV the supports the GP2X :)

In all fairness, my old Magnavox rear projection 54" gets slight cut-off on the edges but remains useable (until I can get a LCD.)

EvilDragon said:
That's the underscan area. It doesn't show on CRTs, some LCDs show it.
Only way to fix that is if it's possible to move around the screen within the TV.
its called Overscan when talking about the viewable image and Underscan when talking about recording the image.

its also possible to change the overscan on most modern crt tv sets but it means going into the service menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back