Pyra TWO MONTHS - Now on Steam and itch.io!

I'm glad I'm kinda introducing people here to the souls-like genre. If you like this game, you'll like the Dark Souls series.

Looks like i'll have to try and beat bunch of bosses again later. Got a crash and when I restarted the game it continued from the very start of the game before Ban Slammer.

Was in the process of buying a whole bunch of upgrades and reselling the ones that were lower level from mine and game just quit.

I'm glad I'm kinda introducing people here to the souls-like genre. If you like this game, you'll like the Dark Souls series.
IMO it's too hard for a petty casual like me. @Wally is probably right, I'll probably never beat Ban Slammer. Glad to support the effort though, and will keep having a go every now and then.

I did manage to finally get two power-ups dropped... and I've over 100 blue crystal things - Not bad for killing the same 6 spiders over and over. I presume at some point they can be spent of something.

Just for my curiosity, was the game also bought by people who are not on this forum?
Looks like it - That guy doing the YT videos appears to not realise it's a real device.

IMO it's too hard for a petty casual like me. @Wally is probably right, I'll probably never beat Ban Slammer. Glad to support the effort though, and will keep having a go every now and then.

I did manage to finally get two power-ups dropped... and I've over 100 blue crystal things - Not bad for killing the same 6 spiders over and over. I presume at some point they can be spent of something.
Oh you'll beat me Ban Slammer, you need to grind a bit and learn how he strikes. Thrusting helps too

My strat was
  • Level up balanced Stamina and Health.
  • Lock on!!! <-- this was the tipping point - I was manually controlling camera before.
  • Stand at the top of the slopes and charge up a thrust attack. (As Wally said, thrusting is good!)
  • After one thrust attack roll to the side!
  • Repeat this until he stops and try to get another charged attack (Easier if locked on)
  • The last hit I landed were all quick/weak strikes and a little mixed with luck, but try to keep some distance (difficult) and combine quick attacks and dodge rolls to get the last energy down.

Looks like i'll have to try and beat bunch of bosses again later. Got a crash and when I restarted the game it continued from the very start of the game before Ban Slammer.

Was in the process of buying a whole bunch of upgrades and reselling the ones that were lower level from mine and game just quit.
Before you play the entire game again, go to Load Game at the title screen and check to see if your old save file is there. I've seen a similar, rare bug where sometimes it'd start a new game, but it never deletes any save files.
I'd also like to fix that crash so if you remember, tell me what the very last thing you did was.

Before you play the entire game again, go to Load Game at the title screen and check to see if your old save file is there. I've seen a similar, rare bug where sometimes it'd start a new game, but it never deletes any save files.
I'd also like to fix that crash so if you remember, tell me what the very last thing you did was.
Will definitely check the save folder after work later. I do remember looking at the load screen but only saw the New Game it created when I tried to continue.

Haha I am definitely a casual player too. Did manage to beat Ban Slammer once and a few of the other bosses probably by luck lol. And the crystals can be used to buy Antidote and any type of upgrades you unlock as you progress in the hope of getting better upgrades.
I got some up to level 9 before my crash. was trying to get some level 10 for the achievement.

The latest videos from my favourite youtubers:

was trying to get some level 10 for the achievement.
Small hint: There's an easier way to get this achievement if you explore more of the poison area...

Oh right I might lnow where if I get my save file back. I tried to explore before being imune to poison and found ... something and died. I did make Upgrades that gave me 110% poison resist. Was curious to see if it would heal. I doesn't ;)

Edit: Kinda forgot to go back there after I got poison Imunity.

Last edited:
I reckon that russian guy must be cheating. Else how would he have full health and coffee after stone first chris?
I totally missed that! It's possible though. You'd need to dive into the spikes, respawn and run back. I guess content creation is serious business.

I totally missed that! It's possible though. You'd need to dive into the spikes, respawn and run back. I guess content creation is serious business.
I think there is a small exploit where you can beat it taking little to no damage when you lure it in the corner like he did in the video. Just tried it and beat Chris pretty easilly

Finally bought the game and it's really nice.
The only thing hindering me is the controlls.
I have some actions in muscle memory like dodge on A and attack on X and so on.
So I am standing in front of Ban Slammer and instead of attacking, I have a nice cup of coffee in front of him, like a real man does, showing him who's boss!
But does he appreciate the guesture?
NO!
He slams me in the ground and instead of dodging, I USE the crap out of him.
It was not my finest performance in video game history...

After my break, remapping controls will be the very next thing I do. However, I must say I had similar problems going from other games to the Souls series, but I quickly got used to it and now prefer it over all other control layouts. So please give it a go! In my opinion FromSoftware really knew what they were doing.

Play the game and leave a review so that my battered ego can recover from being outperformed by "hentai" Unity asset flips!!!!! :'(

Out of interest, is there anything more that makes this specifically souls like other than how bastard hard it is? i.e. is souls-like just a desription for a bastard hard 3d metroidvania game?

I know its maybe a bit early, as whe dont have usable OpenGL yet, but when its works, how to get the Pyra Version? Steam isnt a good Source for me as its dont eat my Password, even if i change it, but i can remember buying payd Pandora Software on the Pandora Repo, like VVVV, and Shadow Warrior, etc..
As my Pyra is now my Home Office Computer, Home Office is where my Pyra is (everywhere), and i think its my fastest Computer now

After my break, remapping controls will be the very next thing I do. However, I must say I had similar problems going from other games to the Souls series, but I quickly got used to it and now prefer it over all other control layouts. So please give it a go! In my opinion FromSoftware really knew what they were doing.

Play the game and leave a review so that my battered ego can recover from being outperformed by "hentai" Unity asset flips!!!!! :'(
I have tried for an hour or so and I don't know if my ban slammed ego can take the shame anymore xD
I've even be killed by spiders, because I use them (think of the poor spiders feeling used all day!) or raised my glass to salute them.
But I will definetly leave a review, once I see more of the game.
By the way: is it possible to rotate the upgrade tetris blocks?

Back