Two New Videos From Gp32spain

Well, the British are nearly as fat as the Americans (and the Canadians aren't too far behind), so I figure that collectively this forum has quite a bit of weight to throw around. :)

So no, GP32Spain still loses. Sorry guys.

The colonies getting out of hand again. :)

The spanish site is fantastic. esp translated with google.

Hmm, the GP2X should be released in Germany or Russia, there are tons of programmers in those two countries, at least for Linux.

EvilDragon made a german GP2X-site (http://gp2x.de/), which includes a forum and a GP2X-shop, where you can buy GP2Xs easily. According to GPH you can even change the menu-language to german and there will be a german manual.

And in the GP32-scene there are many german programmers, they just use gp32x.de.

Last edited by a moderator:
junker posted on Oct 13 2005 at 02:16 AM said:
everyone pretty much already speaks english :D english isn't my first language, but i'm surprised to see a lot of people from non english speaking countries here that communicate well in english.
Although most spanish people is able to understant written english at a basic level this should not be taken as "everyone speaks english". Actually, more than half of the spanish people even on internet communities would not be able to write coherent sentences or to understand a programming tutorial in english...

The same (but reversed) happens in english speaking countries, and it looks like the problem there is even worse.

yeah yeah, i know...
Wow, I just had a look at the 30MB movie, and the software clearly still needs some work... movies play seemingly at full rate, while displaying still pictures is surprisingly slow (watch the amount of time it takes between the guy clicking the shoulder button and the displayed picture changing - I haven't seen pictures take that long to decode since my first PC)

i think that's due to the size of those images! 1600x1200 jpeg has to be downscaled to fit the 320x240 display...still, it did take quite some time!
he should have done some tests with images that are 320x*** to see if they load faster, and if you can scroll vertically.
come to think of it...is there even an option to load up those high res images w/o scaling and using the pad to scroll??

junker posted on Oct 13 2005 at 06:42 AM said:
yeah yeah, i know...
Wow, I just had a look at the 30MB movie, and the software clearly still needs some work... movies play seemingly at full rate, while displaying still pictures is surprisingly slow (watch the amount of time it takes between the guy clicking the shoulder button and the displayed picture changing - I haven't seen pictures take that long to decode since my first PC)

i think that's due to the size of those images! 1600x1200 jpeg has to be downscaled to fit the 320x240 display...still, it did take quite some time!
he should have done some tests with images that are 320x*** to see if they load faster, and if you can scroll vertically.
come to think of it...is there even an option to load up those high res images w/o scaling and using the pad to scroll??
I don't know... the MMSP2 has a hardware scaler built in, which should make that happen in the blink of an eye. Then again, maybe they're using some 3rd party image displaying code (there's enough of those available for linux) and they haven't gotten around to modifying it to use the hardware scaler yet.

codesmith posted on Oct 13 2005 at 07:11 PM said:
junker posted on Oct 13 2005 at 06:42 AM said:
yeah yeah, i know...

I don't know... the MMSP2 has a hardware scaler built in, which should make that happen in the blink of an eye. Then again, maybe they're using some 3rd party image displaying code (there's enough of those available for linux) and they haven't gotten around to modifying it to use the hardware scaler yet.

That's because the pictures are very heavy in KB (or MB) and the SD read speeds are too slow on this version of the kernel. GPH says they are working on optimizing it.

In the video there are two pictures that load fast because they are low res, I think they are a landscape and a girl :ph34r:

what about super huge images, i ahve a really cool one that is like 6000x3000, wonder what that would do lol

triton posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:28 AM said:
what about super huge images, i ahve a really cool one that is like 6000x3000, wonder what that would do lol
Yeah, 6000x3000 on a 320x240 screen, because that makes sense.

iignotus posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:07 AM said:
triton posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:28 AM said:
Yeah, 6000x3000 on a 320x240 screen, because that makes sense.

well what if he wanted to zoom in........ alot :lol:

I think the best size will be 640x480, they will still be small in size, fast to load, but they will allow you to zoom in 2x to see some detail. I mean there is always that one guy that wants you to zoom in on a picture.

Back