Two Questions

Bernstein229

Still Fresh
I looked at the Emulator list by Prophet and he doesn't mention DOSBox or ScummVM. Will they be ported?

Correct me i I'm wrong fellas, but Zodttd indicated he would port dosbox, and likewise DJWillis for ScummVM

DOSbox probably will be, but I don't recall a dev specifically saying they would. If they did, someone give me the link to the post and I'll yellow light it.

SCUMMVM - same thing. But technically it's not even an emulator IIRC, more of an interpreter.

Also keep in mind my list is broken down by system, not emulators.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - my list should not be considered representative of everything that will happen. Some devs probably don't know my list exists, others may not want to publically declare their intentions yet, while many others may come onboard after Pandora is released.

We will have a lot more than you see on my list down the road. Consider it just a small preview of what's to come. I have NEVER seen any device get that much declared support prior to release - Pandora will have a killer dev scene.

GunPei2X said:
Correct me i I'm wrong fellas, but Zodttd indicated he would port dosbox, and likewise DJWillis for ScummVM
You have a better memory than me! :) Please give me links to and I'll yellow those. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bernstein229 said:
I looked at the Emulator ScummVM. Will they be ported?
http://forums.scummvm.org/viewtopic.php?t=5322

There should be a port ready to go inline with the device release or just after the release. I still have a few things to work out and try it on real hardware but the basics are there.

Not sure on the time frame for real hardware mind you, that could be a little way off.

Prophet said:

You have a better memory than me! :) Please give me links to and I'll yellow those. Thanks.
[/quote]

Sorry mate, can't remember where I could find a zod post, might have been on his groovy site or I could have imagined it in a very sweet dream ;)

I don't know if this thread counts, but in it, zod posted this;

zodttd said:
Pickle: I hope I don't need to do the DOSBox dynarec when it comes down to it for Pandora. That project keeps slipping out of my schedule. :p

craigix said:
I think scummvm is already running, dj?
It's been running for quite some time now ;).

The port is a little crude and I need to look into some nonlinear scaling but I'll whip it into shape and make it official in line with the public Pandora release (focused more on the kernel at the moment and other things).

Prometheus said:
I don't know if this thread counts, but in it, zod posted this;

zodttd said:
Pickle: I hope I don't need to do the DOSBox dynarec when it comes down to it for Pandora. That project keeps slipping out of my schedule. :p

Hmm, yeah. That'll work for me. *oops... edited*

Kloplop321 said:
I am sure it would be an easy feat for you Pickle ;)
Well really it isnt difficult once a toolchain has been built. It pretty much comes down to typing ./configure & make. The big thing though will be waiting for SDL to come around.

i've been looking at that emu list and, if even half of those emulators happen, pandora will be so worth buying.
*salivates*

Back