Two Spriters Looking For A Programmer

Nah, I can always take constructive criticism. If you're talkin about his head not moving, then that's a known issue, though. (This is all still a work in progress)

but I'd love to hear them and thanks for the link.

yosh64 said:
If you want to improve your pixels I advise ya post it at the pixelations forum.

Useful link - just taken a quick look. I wonder how many of those talented guys are aware of Pandora and maybe could be interested once its out.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey

Yep, no head bob and no movement in the body at all. I think there should also be more bending in the arms and legs. There should also be movement in the hair and tie and such ;).

As ya probably know, the reason for the head bob is that when ya legs are far apart then you will lose height. I can probably dig up some illustrations of walk cycle frames that ya might find handy, and I might try an edit on ya sprite also if ya don't mind? Well usually if I do an edit I completly destroy the original style, but this is not the point and I think different people do things in different ways.

I like the basic style and such and has nice character.

Anyhows I'll leave it at that, hehe.

edit
I just wanted to mention that I advise ya don't pixel on a white background, but rather something more neutral. I mean, ya pixels look different on different backgrounds, just place a bright pixel next to a black pixel on a white background and the black pixel will appear bigger. So to will a white pixel appear bigger next to a dark pixel on a black background ;).

cya

walk2od5.gif

conceptartkr2.png

I made these before I read your post, though

and I certainly wouldn't mind if you edited our sprite at al!

Kyosys said:
Nah, I can always take constructive criticism. If you're talkin about his head not moving, then that's a known issue, though. (This is all still a work in progress)

but I'd love to hear them and thanks for the link.
Bein nach vorne bedeutet arm nach hinten auf der selben Seite. ;) Bei deiner Animation gehen Bein und Arm in die selbe Richtung auf jeder Seite, das ist dann mehr Genesis "I cant Dance" move ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though I have an exam tomorrow (and several others the next two weeks), I got fed up with learning and thought of how I'd make this.

Thus, I stumbled upon Chipmunk (look at the demos). Physics puzzles is something I've always wanted to do.
I've also thought of how a level editor might look like and it'd probably be very similar to the game mode, with a toolkit of buttons for adding stuff.

Don't get your hopes up, this is just a concept and I may never do it.

We're making a jump and run, the story isn't really that important.

Oh und danke, fusion. Werde das bei gelegenheit korrigieren.

edit:
fixed the walking
269624_walk3.gif

I think that looks OK so far, although he needs to lift his legs more when moving them forwards, and point them down slightly at the end of each backwards stroke.

Could I please get some gifs with an alpha background to play with ?

Back