U64 Killer Instinct Arcade Emulator

novaslogic said:
I'm not sure if its possible on this system solely based on specs and I know its a bit wasteful but does anyone think it would be possible to get U64 killer instinct arcade emulator running with the Pandora?

http://www.sys2064.com/u64.htm

got the source right there :lol:

It might end up being possible, but at this point it's just speculation since we don't have the hardware in our hands yet. The devs are probably doing more with the gp2x than it was originally thought possible with the initial specs and there is probably a lot of room for improvement as well.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
U64 is basically N64. If it can do N64 it can probably do U64 as well or better since it's more of a special case.

This particular emulator did generally run faster than his N64 emulator did, IIRC.

Exophase said:
U64 is basically N64. If it can do N64 it can probably do U64 as well or better since it's more of a special case.

This particular emulator did generally run faster than his N64 emulator did, IIRC.
Actually, U64 is basically completely different from the N64. The U64 arcade is build around a R4600, and by looking at the mame source, it seems there is no video hardware, just a framebuffer (everything was done in software?!?)

pepone said:
Exophase said:

Actually, U64 is basically completely different from the N64. The U64 arcade is build around a R4600, and by looking at the mame source, it seems there is no video hardware, just a framebuffer (everything was done in software?!?)

Trying to play killer instinct with mame is a painful experience since the game runs soo choppy.. thats why the u64 emulator is so amazing. I am a bit of a Killer Instinct fan, its just unfortunate that they stopped at KI2 and never moved on with the series after.

novaslogic said:
Trying to play killer instinct with mame is a painful experience since the game runs soo choppy.. thats why the u64 emulator is so amazing.

One of these two emulators is more accurate and supports more games than the other. So speed difference is to be expected ;)

Laurent said:
novaslogic said:
Trying to play killer instinct with mame is a painful experience since the game runs soo choppy.. thats why the u64 emulator is so amazing.

One of these two emulators is more accurate and supports more games than the other. So speed difference is to be expected ;)
very true, some one on a mame forum made a fairly similar argument. Still would like to see u64 emulator on it. Oh.. And maybe cps3 support for the mame emulator we all know is coming out :-D SF3 for the win!

novaslogic said:
Laurent said:
novaslogic said:

very true, some one on a mame forum made a fairly similar argument. Still would like to see u64 emulator on it. Oh.. And maybe cps3 support for the mame emulator we all know is coming out :-D SF3 for the win!

i still cant wait for a newer version of MAME to be ported. i'm actually pretty amped

Back