Beta Uae4All Additions

I have an offer here, I know it is futile but I will propose anyway. I already asked John4p but he wasn't interested.

I have this great idea for a menu system for this emu that will make it very intuitive plus a joy to use (now the UI is kind of "rough"). It will solve many issues (hint: one is an elegant solution for multi-disk games). I would do the design, layout and any artwork for the menu. All is needed is someone to code it (ok, that is the hard part but I can't do it) If someone here was interested in coding it let me know.

Thanks John for the update.

DaveC said:
I have this great idea for a menu system for this emu that will make it very intuitive plus a joy to use...

Imagine that, a menu that's "a joy to use". We'd all stop using the emulators and playing games anymore, we'd be too busy getting all our fun changing things in the menu. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
milkshake said:
can this be pnd up please :) thanks

http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Emulator/UAE4ALL.inf

It is?
Craig, I just noticed that there is no way to know in Pandora Apps which PNDs have been recently updated. Or is there? It's possible to sort "by date", but that's the date of the original release, not the latest update.

That's one feature that's been added to the software lists on the Pandorawiki.

craigix said:

It is?
sorry I saw the link above for the zip file didn't know it had been uploaded.

I'll try renaming to adz later, but really .zip should be supported too! I was turning blue in the face trying to get something to load... :S
7z support would also be great.

But thank you for giving us a great portable Amiga experience! Now I can actually play some games ^___^

Esn said:
craigix said:
milkshake said:
can this be pnd up please :) thanks

It is?
Craig, I just noticed that there is no way to know in Pandora Apps which PNDs have been recently updated. Or is there? It's possible to sort "by date", but that's the date of the original release, not the latest update.

That's one feature that's been added to the software lists on the Pandorawiki.

Well the twitter feed shows the latest updates, but yes, changing the list from uploaded date to updated date is something I think I'll do.

craigix said:
Well the twitter feed shows the latest updates, but yes, changing the list from uploaded date to updated date is something I think I'll do.

This would be great (something I suggested when the App Store was launched and was on the list apparently). Currently the only way you know something has been updated is check the Twitter feed and then find the application in the list. It would be much easier if the newer (i.e. new or latest updated) apps were at the top of the list. It currently looks like nothing is being updated because of this.

A few issues! Firstly, I haven't downloaded the latest version as I didn't wanna have to launch from terminal as I'm shit with all that technical stuff! Is there a new pnd to download with the latest version on? Also, very strange issues I have with the version I'm using. I crank the cpu up to 850, does the overclocking option within uae4all make a difference? I stick it up to 275 anyway!

Well, Goal! does not work. Lots of other games do not work, Speedball 2 gets to the match and then crashes, Project X works but only the default ship, as soon as you change ship it doesn't go beyong the loading screen for the first level. Microsoft F1GP does not work. All the games I try are A500 games and alot of them do not work! Is there a secret? Do I need the latest version for best performance? Will a definitive Pandora UAE4ALL be created?

I need to know pleeeeease!!!!!!!

ED has updated the PND with the latest release.

Don't overclock to 850MHz. Leave the CPU speed at 500 or 600MHz.

GP2X overclocking options have no effect. They are removed from the menu in the latest version.

Speedball 2 works fine. Try another ADF. Haven't tried F1GP, Goal and Project X yet.

I'm in the process of setting up a compatibility list with confirmed working ADFs for each game. So far about 95% of the games I've tried work fine. But I'm only finished with letter 'B'. So 24 letters to go (don't check every game but the ones whose names sound somewhat familiar)...

The DOS-version of Microprose F1GP is superior to the Amiga-version. So DosBox would be the better choice for that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About compression:

Found this: "An ADZ file is an ADF file that has been compressed with gzip. The typical file extension is '.adz', derived from '.adf.gz'."

So just compress an ADF with gzip and rename the ending "adf.gz" into "adz".

You already have gzip on your Pandora.

Example: You have the file "Dogs of War.adf".
=> Type "gzip Dogs\ of\ War\ .adf" <enter>
You get a "Dogs of War.adf.gz".
=> Rename into "Dogs of War.adz"

Just tried it and the game works fine in UAE4All (Dogs of War's filesize got reduced from 880KB to about 500KB).

Of course gzip tools are also available for Windows. Just keep in mind that ZIP =/= gzip.

Hi. I am working on UAE4ALL port for Nokia N900 which has mostly identical hardware to Pandora and I also have some fixes and improvements (ported form WinUAE) in my code. http://github.com/smokku/uae4all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZc82p2nxdU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Ao1nscC5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CbCXpFHmrc

Maybe you would like to join forces? :)

My experimentation shown that there is no real speed gain in using Cyclone core and UAE core is more compatible with games. (It's the only core running Project X), so I just dropped Cyclone support completely.

smoku said:
My experimentation shown that there is no real speed gain in using Cyclone core and UAE core is more compatible with games. (It's the only core running Project X), so I just dropped Cyclone support completely.

Of course there is a speed gain from Cyclone, dropping it is a step backwards for battery life and general optimisation.

It always worries me how these things seem to start, maybe it's what happened with PC emulators. We should be embracing the deep optimisation legacy from early ARM ports - not abandoning it. They can live side by side with unoptimised PC ports - but they should never be removed unless they are particularly botched.

Hey guys.....suffering with a major hangover here so forgive me for being stupid. I've downloaded the pnd to my Pandora/menu and desktop folders with all my other pnd's but doesn't show up on the Pandora. It's happened before and I formatted my card and it worked. Don't really wanna do that again, besides, all the other emulators are showing anyway so it can't be that. Any idea's? Really want to try this version too.....

craigix said:
Of course there is a speed gain from Cyclone, dropping it is a step backwards for battery life and general optimisation.

That's not what my tests shown. The difference is insignificant.

Besides choosing between 100% compatible cpu core, and 95% compatible core is simple.
Even more if it's a choice between playing my favorite shootem'up or not playing it.

I really gave Cyclone a chance and tried to hunt the unsupported instruction bug. With no luck though.

Back