Uae4all Questions

b._.o._.b

I'm not very familiar with the Amiga and Uae4all so here are my newbie questions:

1. I see some AGA games on the amiga lemon site, and they seem to have better graphics. Does Uae4all support these or are AGA game A1200 games?
2. In the Uae4all menu is a autosave feature. What does it do?
3. What does the status ln represent (and the colors)

b._.o._.b said:
I'm not very familiar with the Amiga and Uae4all so here are my newbie questions:

1. I see some AGA games on the amiga lemon site, and they seem to have better graphics. Does Uae4all support these or are AGA game A1200 games?

AGA is the graphics chip found in the A1200 A4000 and CD32. I think it stands for advanced graphics architecture or something. It allows more colours which is why the graphics seem better. This is not emulated in Uae4All (and i dont know if it ever will be but I hope it is)
the other thing with most AGA games is that they use 2mb and m68020 processor

Last edited by a moderator:
foleyjo said:
AGA is the graphics chip found in the A1200 A4000 and CD32. I think it stands for advanced graphics architecture or something. It allows more colours which is why the graphics seem better. This is not emulated in Uae4All (and i dont know if it ever will be but I hope it is)
the other thing with most AGA games is that they use 2mb and m68020 processor
Will stay away from the AGA games then. Thanks!

b._.o._.b said:
2. In the Uae4all menu is a autosave feature. What does it do?
3. What does the status ln represent (and the colors)
2- Might save your settings theres no load option so i dont think it saves games. Unless you can continue the last game you were playing

3- from left to right
Red light = fps
green light = df0 activity. the numbers are the block the disk is on. 0 to 79
green light = df1 same as df0 but for an external disk drive

foleyjo said:
2- Might save your settings theres no load option so i dont think it saves games. Unless you can continue the last game you were playing

3- from left to right
Red light = fps
green light = df0 activity. the numbers are the block the disk is on. 0 to 79
green light = df1 same as df0 but for an external disk drive
Ok thanks again :)

The autosave saves thing still puzzles me. If I turn it on it doesn't remember the setting from the menu. Not implemented yet?

PokeParadox said:
AutoSave let's you use save disks and save to your game images without modifying the actual image, by creating diff files or what's changed...

I hope that makes sense?
Thx! It makes sense. Nice to know that save disks work (I think I can try it with Canon Flodder), have to say uae4all has become a great emulator.

Has anyone tried 0.7.0 yet?

I've found it to be less compatible and faked sound doesnt work.

Thanks for the heads-up, trooper.

Yeah Ive tried 0.7.1, compatibility still seems to be less than 0.6.4 and faked sound doesnt work. I do like the extra tweaking features though, just wish it was as compatible.

eg; Rodland, works ok if slow under 0.6.4 but gurus under 0.7.1

(FW 2.0.0)

Ah well, still v-good to see some activity on Amiga emulation and I appreciate the dev's efforts.

coldfis said:
Thanks for the heads-up, trooper.

Yeah Ive tried 0.7.1, compatibility still seems to be less than 0.6.4 and faked sound doesnt work. I do like the extra tweaking features though, just wish it was as compatible.

eg; Rodland, works ok if slow under 0.6.4 but gurus under 0.7.1

If a game guru's thats not the emulators fault its a fault with your copy of the game and the kickstart you are using. A guru error realy means your emulator is working just like an amiga.
If you want to try and work out why our getting an error check out
http://www.scotek.demon.co.uk/guru.html

I can confirm there is a copy of Rodland that works fine with Kickstart 1.3

I thought that at first too foleyjo, however the -same- ADF works under 0.6.4 using the -same- KS1.3 file.

The only difference is the emulator. I'm guessing emu timing errors can cause a guru?

Note: The Rodland ADF also works on a real A500 (as it is originally a transADF'ed rip from my real Amiga disk).

I guess maybe I need to try more CPU<->Chip combinations, or keep using 0.6.4?

In any case, Ive found this thread so edit all earlier comments about faked sound, it seems the function of that tab has changed.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=37969

Try to get
Rodland(1991)(sales curve){cr}adf

You should check to see if you can find out what the error is refering to. It might halp one of the devs if say the guru tells you what chip the problem lies with

Thanks for your help foleyjo, I found that ADF. ;o)

It now makes it past the point where it would guru before, to before the title screen but then freezes up.

No matter, I'll keep trying.

---

[Edit], it doesnt freeze, this version/ADF cycles the floppy a few times to track 79 then eventually continues to the title screen.

Sadly it isnt much quicker than 0.6.4. I guess Rodland is more demanding of the A500 than it looks?

coldfis said:
I guess maybe I need to try more CPU<->Chip combinations, or keep using 0.6.4?
Are you sure you have 0.7.1 as the cpu<->chip option no longer exists

Yeah, I know. I wrote it that way for simplicity.
The new sys-clock and sync tabs do the same thing though, just with more combinations.

quote notaz:

"This is how "emu bias" maps to the new settings:

emu bias -> system clock | sync threshold
X O O O O -> 100 | 50
O X O O O -> 83 | 100
O O X O O -> 83 | 50
O O O X O -> 75 | 50
O O O O X -> 75 | 25"

coldfis said:
Yeah, I know. I wrote it that way for simplicity.
The new sys-clock and sync tabs do the same thing though, just with more combinations.

quote notaz:

"This is how "emu bias" maps to the new settings:

emu bias -> system clock | sync threshold
X O O O O -> 100 | 50
O X O O O -> 83 | 100
O O X O O -> 83 | 50
O O O X O -> 75 | 50
O O O O X -> 75 | 25"
OK Just checking.
You can get full speed if you use NTSC mode. However you also loose the bottom of the screen

Hi, i've just come back to using UAE4All (0.7.1). The last time I used this emulator was 0.6.4 I think. I must say the speed is very good but I do have a couple of questions.

1) Whenever I want to change game and select reset on the menu it locks up and I have to turn the GP2X off and on again (every time).

2) How much difference is there between the 'tweak' version and the normal one?

3) The kickstart rom I use is 512K and works fine but is it supposed to say 'Jeesus' at the top of the workbench window when you boot a game?

I always use the emulator set on 100/100 and overclocked to 275Mhz.

liveevil said:
Hi, i've just come back to using UAE4All (0.7.1). The last time I used this emulator was 0.6.4 I think. I must say the speed is very good but I do have a couple of questions.

1) Whenever I want to change game and select reset on the menu it locks up and I have to turn the GP2X off and on again (every time).

2) How much difference is there between the 'tweak' version and the normal one?

3) The kickstart rom I use is 512K and works fine but is it supposed to say 'Jeesus' at the top of the workbench window when you boot a game?

I always use the emulator set on 100/100 and overclocked to 275Mhz.
Hi the emulator has been updated to 0.7.2 a few games work better

1)- This shouldnt happen try a lower overclock

2)-I find the tweak version quicker.

3)-No it should way Workbench you might have a hacked rom or something

Back