Uae4All: Saving Doesn't Work

john4p

Tried Wings and Mr Nutz. While both games play fine saving doesn't work. Not talking about savestates but just the normal write-to-floppy-functionality of an Amiga. This worked flawless with UAE4All on GP2X and PSP but not in the Pandora-port.

If the dev already knows about that just ignore this topic. ;)

john4p said:
Tried Wings and Mr Nutz. While both games play fine saving doesn't work. Not talking about savestates but just the normal write-to-floppy-functionality of an Amiga. This worked flawless with UAE4All on GP2X and PSP but not in the Pandora-port.

might be the way the pnd was setup, the writing location might exisit in the pnd, maybe it ends up in tmp or nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all your work on Uae4all Pickle.
If you could fix this it would be much appreciated.

SWOS career mode :p

Pickle said:
john4p said:

might be the way the pnd was setup, the writing location might exisit in the pnd, maybe it ends up in tmp or nowhere.

Hm, the normal write-to-floppy functionality writes inside the ADF-files... so these are put in the card by the user, not in the PND.
That's what's puzzling me.

Last edited:
Is it possible to load ADF-files from somewhere else than appdata-folder? Would that make writing fail?

The ADFs aren't zipped and they're in "<sdcard>/pandora/appdata/uae4all/roms/t-z/" ("t-z" in the case of Wings). Each ADF also has "read/write/execute" set for every user.

But when I do "ls -all" it also shows root/root as owner - could that be a problem (because I don't start UAE4All as root)?

P.S. Also the saving of the UAE4All-settings doesn't work - but I guess that has just not been implemented yet.

Found out saving "works" as long as you don't quit the emulator and don't swap disks...

Saved in Wings, resetted the game and my saved progress was loaded. Sadly not anymore after quitting the emu.

Extracted the UAE4All PND and put its contents on the SD card and the NAND. Started it as root with "sudo" and tried with and without "autosave" activated.

Nothing worked.

So "the way the pnd was setup" can be ruled out for saving not working.

It's in the code.

EvilDragon said:
the normal write-to-floppy functionality writes inside the ADF-files
That's what it should do with "autosave" off.
With activated autosave it should leave the adf untouched and write the differences as .ads-file into the saves-folder (and later use adf+ads to load the progress). But that doesn't work either.

Do savestates work at all in UAE4ALL?? I'm really far in Chaos Engine and need to save!!!

The normal write-to-floppy (ADF) functionality works now so you can save games like you did on a real Amiga 500. Get the current version in the beta-forums:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php...itions/page__pid__886558__st__15&#entry886558

Also includes vertical adjustment feature (L-Trigger + dpad up/down) and (ugly) softstretch-modes.

@jonlad1: Savestates aren't implemented yet. But they have recently been added to the Dingoo- and Nokia N900-ports of UAE4All. So we might see them in the Pandora-port soon, too.

Back