UAE4ALL

andyhamer

Can someone give me a few specific pointers, i have followed the guide that is stickied but it is a little vague, i have tried multiple different kickstart roms (all renamed to kick.rom, and made sure they are 512kb in size) sometimes i get a black screen, sometimes the Amiga logo with the inserting disk animation.

I have tried multiple different games, do they need to be in a zipped or unzipped folder, or just the files themselvs in the rom folder?

Thanks.

If you are getting the Amiga disk insert animation that is good news, it means the kickstart rom is working, in the right place, etc.

Disk images can only be in .adf or .adz format. Adf is Amiga disk format and effectively unzipped. Adz are basically .adf'sbut zipped. Stick with .adf and see if you can get those to work

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're seeing an inserting disk animation, then you're using a 3.0/3.1 Kickstart image. I think a 1.3 one is best for use (it'll only show a much more basic picture of a disk, no animation. Regardless, these should only appear if you don't have any disks inserted. Your disks should be in uncompressed ADF format, if you put them into the roms directory they will be found immediately when selecting a file (although you can easily navigate to other directories if required). Hope this gets you started! ;)

Hi

The file name kick.rom is by default.

So you know what ones they are you can name them like this:

kick13.rom would be for kickstart 1.3

kick20.rom would be for kickstart 2.0

kick30.rom would be for kickstart 3.0

etc

If you want to play Amiga 500 games then use kickstart 1.3

Try to use the unzipped games and keep with the .adf format one. All the years I have played around with Amiga

emulation on my comp and handheldsI have not seen or used the .adz type, heard of them yes, but not used them, stay with .adf.

I thought he new UAE4ALL the repo site has some more instructions with them there is a working NUB version and non working NUB

version. ALso the new GUI is really good on the Drive side of things you can now see what game/file is in what drive.

http://repo.openpandora.org/

OK,

got it working.. thank you all, currently trying Turrican II, ah the memories the music sounds fantastic on the Pandora.

Couple of questions regarding control & display, what are the best control options & how do you define them (do you have to do it on a game by game basis?) i seem to remember you can shoot 360 degress in Turrican II, however i only seem to be able to shoot right/left here?

Are there any options to stretch or scale to fullscreen & apply any of the filters HQ2/4x etc that the PC version has?

For Turrican II you should select the "320x216 => 716x480" screenmode before starting UAE4All.

Then it'll use the full height of the Pandora's screen (Turrican II draws 216 lines in game).

With R+L+dpad you can center the image (it'll be a bit off otherwise in Turrican II).

Also set Sound to "accurate" to get the correct sound fx in Turrican II.

If you hold the firebutton the beam gets activated which you can rotate with left/right.

With R+(Y) you activate autofire.

You can leave autofire on all the time in the game because single fire overrides it so you can still use the beam (once you release the normal firebutton the autofire will continue...).

With joystick control mode 1 (options menu) you can use (X) to jump and (A) to fire.

Hold down the fire button for a second and your fire will change to a continuous beam, you then can change angles by moving left/right while standing in one spot. As regards screenmodes, it's really more trial and error to see what screen sizes suit the appropriate games(although the feature to move the screen around is quite handy). As for screen filters, I don't think there's anything more than scanlines that you can apply to this version anyway. I've found the default game controls work well for general use, don;t forget you can plug in a real mouse through a hub and use that if you prefer for mouse based games!

Thank you,

One issue though, now i have saved General Config 320x216 => 716x480 (by mistake) the option to exit the emulator has disappeared, how do i quit without having to hard-reset the Pandora? (holding R+L, dpad just goes to the roms folder) and is there any way to switch games without having to quit and restart the emulator?

If you navigate to the top of the menu (ie df0 file selection, then push up once, that'll bring you to the exit emu button). In game, you should be able to get back to the menu by pressing the Select key.

If you navigate to the top of the menu (ie df0 file selection, then push up once, that'll bring you to the exit emu button). In game, you should be able to get back to the menu by pressing the Select key.

Thanks again,

Another question if i may, several games i have tried such as: Alien Breed - Tower Assault, Pinball fantasies etc seem to require you to insert disk 1 & then disk 2 before the game can be launched, is there a special method for doing this ? i have loaded disk 1 & disk 2 (when prompted) but can't get either of them (and a few others to play) in Alien Breeds case it seems stuck on the insert disk 2 screen (even when it has been loaded)

FYI, if you have a disc image that is .adz you can still get it to work.

On your PC, just rename the extension to .zip and then unzip it - the file inside will be a .adf

E.G.-

You have a game, let's say it's called "Dynablaster.adz"

Rename it, just changing the extension to .zip - "Dynablaster.zip"

Unzip it. Presto - now you've got Dynablaster.adf for sticking on your Pandora.

Another question if i may, several games i have tried such as: Alien Breed - Tower Assault, Pinball fantasies etc seem to require you to insert disk 1 & then disk 2 before the game can be launched, is there a special method for doing this ? i have loaded disk 1 & disk 2 (when prompted) but can't get either of them (and a few others to play) in Alien Breeds case it seems stuck on the insert disk 2 screen (even when it has been loaded)

In the Insert disc options, note that each D-pad button (A,B,Y,X) relates to a drive - if the game is asking for a disc in drive A then double check that you used the corresonding button - otherwise the game won't see the disc in the drive it's expecting it. You can insert multiple discs (assuming the game supports this, not all do) by putting disc 1 in Drive A, disc 2 in drive B and so on.

On the other hand, if you've done all that correctly and it still keeps asking for the next disc, try a mouse click or hitting the Space bar, Enter or fire button.

In the Insert disc options, note that each D-pad button (A,B,Y,X) relates to a drive - if the game is asking for a disc in drive A then double check that you used the corresonding button - otherwise the game won't see the disc in the drive it's expecting it.
Not anymore. Each drive now has its own menu item which opens the fileload-menu. There you can press any of the 4 buttons to select an ADF (and enter a directory).

Thanks again,

Hi

Good to hear you now can play some games, this site will help with compatibility such as what drives

to use if and any special needs.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&key=0AuBR5X_s_5_idG92ZVQ5cEs4ZEhYTm5sSjFIcl83U2c&hl=en&gid=0

What key to press after loading 2nd disks was never an exact science, some want left mouse, some wanted return, esc, some just any key, trial an error that one, unless you knowm the game or have a manual, speakinmg of manuals here is another link for you.

http://amiga-manuals.xiik.net/

Have fun :)

Back