UAE4ALL: Black screen != Amiga fun

thatgui

Advanced Member
Hello,

I'm currently failing at getting UA4ALL to work again. Im pretty sure it worked fine around 1.5 years ago, and I can't remember changing anything in that regard (except updating the pnd through PNDManager).

Anyway, here is what I did (or maybe did not):

• Deleted the ua4all folder in /pandora/appdata
  • Copied the kickstarter image into the appdata folder, and renamed it to kick.rom. The kickstart roms I have are from a (legal) Amiga compilation CD and are all 256kBs in size except one which was 512kB, named "amiga-os-310-a1200.rom"
  • choose some random game that came with the compilation
  • tried to reduce the number of disks
but I always end up with the screen going blank after pushing the right shoulder button to reset the Amiga system. Sometimes I hear the speakers crackling a little, but no sound is played. The emulator does not hang though, I can always go back to the menu with the [select] button.

Anyone any ideas ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's a problem with the kickstart. You have to put it in the right folder. I don't remember where, but I had the same issue with the latest version :)

Note that the kickstart roms need to named in a precise way, Check the documentation again .

I think all the Kickstart roms that work on UAE4ALL have to be 512k ones, can't remember off the top of my head should they be in the appdata folder or in a roms subdirectory of it? They certainly need to be renamed though...

Yeah, it's a problem with the kickstart. You have to put it in the right folder. I don't remember where, but I had the same issue with the latest version :)

Note that the kickstart roms need to named in a precise way, Check the documentation again .
It is not working, so I can't be 100% sure, but I placed the kick.rom in the right folder (otherwise UA4All would only show a "kickstart rom not found" at the beginning) and it has the right size (512kB), is there anything else that has to be "right" with the rom file ?

It is not working, so I can't be 100% sure, but I placed the kick.rom in the right folder (otherwise UA4All would only show a "kickstart rom not found" at the beginning) and it has the right size (512kB), is there anything else that has to be "right" with the rom file ?
the name needs to be specific, the file name. Please check the official thread for UAE4All, i asked the same questions as you a couple of weeks back. 

the name needs to be specific, the file name. Please check the official thread for UAE4All, i asked the same questions as you a couple of weeks back. 
no, I tried both "ways", an they are working (in terms of ua4all recognizing the kickstart roms):

Either put the kickstart rom named kick.rom directly in the appdata folder of ua4all or name them accordingly (kick12.rom, kick13.rom) an put them in the "kickstarts" subfolder.

Edit: nevertheless, will check the ua4all thread again

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the roms from Amiga Forever, then they are encrypted. I hope to support these encrypted roms in the next version of UAE4all.

I recently bought Amiga Forever, thoguht I was now using those roms already!(maybe not in that case). Found another game I can almost (but not quite get working), the disk version of Fire and Ice (CD32 version). From looking on the net, it looks like an awkward one to emulate anyway :blink:

If you have the roms from Amiga Forever, then they are encrypted. I hope to support these encrypted roms in the next version of UAE4all.
Thanks for the info, now I need to find decryptor tool <_<

Found another game I can almost (but not quite get working)
I found a bug in M68000 emulation which causes problems with some games (Addams family, Altered Beast and a few more). This will be fixed in next release.

Found another game I can almost (but not quite get working)
I found a bug in M68000 emulation which causes problems with some games (Addams family, Altered Beast and a few more). This will be fixed in next release.
Thanks once again for your continued work on this emulator, it's brilliant! Did you have any luck chasing down that elusive Slam Tilt scoring bug yet?

Back