Uber-wtf!?


devlkore

^_^
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
274
Website
www.sparktasty.net
Howdy,
Yesterday I tried to add a brightness setting to my game, strangely enough, the background stopped working as well as maybe a couple of other things. The first obvious thing to do when new code breaks something is to take it out, which I did, the background still didn't work.

Since then I've tried everything to get my game working properly again. The crazy thing is, it compiles and runs completely fine and how I'd expect on PC, but when I transfer the .dcb file to my smart media card it plays funny (no background, etc) on my GP32.

One thing I have noticed is that depending on which order I include certain files (my project is multiple source files, linked with ' include "file.inc" ') I get different features working and not working, sometimes the bullets don't get rebounded, and just dissapear, other times (with the included files in a different order) I get working rebounds, but no enemies!

Also the second sound effect (special slash) and music have stopped working completely.

If anyone has any idea why my game could be acting so differently on PC compared to GP32, especially when it worked perfectly the day before, please post any info you may have.

ThanX, I really hope I can get this sorted quickly, otherwise I won't be able to submit my game to GBAx.

BYEEEEE!!
 

Quiest

I like turtles!
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
3,411
Age
38
Location
Dteuschland ;)
It could be you are using a command which isn`t supported by the gp32 fenix port, like the alpha command for blending, for example.

And I recommend you to not use uncluding files, just copy and paste the code from these files into your main prg (and alter it so it works of course :D), for just stopping that random error weirdness.
 

devlkore

^_^
Joined
Jul 15, 2004
Messages
274
Website
www.sparktasty.net
I tried getting rid of the include files (copy and paste) and it still works perfectly on PC, but I get an error on my GP32

Error de ejecucion en proceso 65545:eek:Pro¦OFFSCREEN

"Error in process %d:\nProcedure %d not active\n"

LA!

I'm gonna try re-installing flamebird, because the same code was working on my GP32 before, there is no reason why it should have messed up.
 

Quiest

I like turtles!
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
3,411
Age
38
Location
Dteuschland ;)
Yeah, thats a strange problem, encountered the same thing two days ago.

It cam up whenever I used this:

"something_id.x=x;"

I mean, if I am trying to change other processes values from another process.
In one case I got rid of this error with "father.x=x" in the other case I had to use temporary veriables:

"blabla_x=x;"

and in the other process "x=blabla_x"

I hope you get what I mean, look if something is trying to access a process that is inactive.
But, I got the errormessage on pc and on gp32, so it could be something different...
 
Top